Had enough of the Summer Heat? Come work where it's "Winter" all the time: Peter Glenn Ski & Sports is now hiring Sales Associates at its retail locations.
Customer service is the Peter Glenn hallmark. Our customers have come to expect that our staff will always be attentive, knowledgeable and enthusiastic and that the shopping experience here will be enjoyable, if not downright fun.
Peter Glenn Sales Associates will engage customers and offer products perfectly-suited to their needs. Beyond just selling gear, you'll be helping people to truly enjoy their time outdoors and become lifelong snow sports enthusiasts.
Benefits include a fun team environment, competitive pay, and big discounts on top brands like Burton, Spyder, and The North Face. There are excellent opportunities as well for hard-working, sharp employees to move up in the company. Many of our Managers and Assistant Managers started in Sales.
Both seasonal part-time and seasonal full-time positions are available. Regular full-time associates are eligible for paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, health care, & 401K.
- Greet customers in the store in a warm and welcoming manner
- Help customers find products that best fit their needs
- Meet and exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Build loyal customer relationships by providing the highest standard of service
- Maintain visual appearance of store and assist in replenishing stock
- Ring up sales and return transactions
- Stay informed on latest gear and trends
Skills and Requirements:
- Self-motivated and driven to improve
- Comfortable in a fast-paced retail environment
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- People- oriented; friendly; a good listener
- Supportive as a team member
- Strong communicator who can ascertain customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Knowledgeable and experienced with ski and/or snowboard equipment and clothing
- Able to communicate effectively in English; ability to speak other languages a plus
- Able to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
- Previous retail or customer service experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
Since 1958, Peter Glenn has been at the forefront of a growing outdoor sports market. The first Peter Glenn store opened in response to a demand for ski equipment and clothing that was not being met. Today, Peter Glenn stores carry equipment, accessories and clothing for a wide variety of outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, in-line skating and adventure travel. Today there are 10 Peter Glenn stores with locations in three states; Florida, Georgia and Virginia as well as an Ecommerce site.
As a ski coach Ned Hamilton noticed a high demand for ski equipment that was not being met by local merchants. Ned, the proprietor of a men's clothing shop, stocked the basement of his store with ski clothing and equipment. As his new department flourished, Ned opened his first shop that sold ski equipment, clothing and accessories as well as ladies apparel. The new store was named after Ned's son, Peter Glenn Hamilton.
Fifty-seven years and ten stores later, Peter Glenn leads the market in outdoor adventure sports. From the latest Merrell hiking boot to the newest Salomon skis, you'll find what just what you're looking for. By carrying the best names in clothing, equipment and accessories, Peter Glenn continues to keep itself on the cutting edge. In addition to offering an extensive selection of top-of-the-line products, Peter Glenn is staffed by highly knowledgeable sales professionals. Whether a seasoned skier or snowboarder or a novice, Peter Glenn's sales staff will offer you as much or as little assistance as you need. Each department in our stores is staffed by a specialist.
Role: Sales Associate
Apply for this job now.