Fort Myers, FL 33916
Salary: $10.50 to $13.00 /hour
Security officers usually perform the following tasks under the direct supervision of their Supervisor or Manager. Conduct routine patrols of the site which they are assigned either by foot or patrol vehicle. Performs access control functions to the facility and or buildings. Protects client property and personnel as per the site standard operating procedures. Monitors CCTV and alarm systems as needed. Implements emergency protocols and or drills as needed and or required.
· Controls access to the facility ensuring only authorized personnel are permitted on site.
· Maintain surveillance of the site to ensure the perimeter and or buildings remain secure.
· Monitors CCTV, Fire, & Security systems
· Conducts routine patrols and of the property to identify security risks, safety hazards, and maintenance issues
· Completes daily activity reports, Incident reports, and other mandated reports per the job assignment and post orders.
· Officers may provide escort details and perimeter fence checks as requested
· Other duties assigned as per the Standard operating procedures
· Must have a valid High School Diploma or GED
· State Licensing requirements apply
· Must have the ability to conduct extended foot patrols
· Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs
· Ability to effectively communicate with others
· Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports
· Ability to respond to emergency situations as per operating procedures
· Ability to hear & see in low light situations
· Capable of working outside in extreme weather conditions
· Capable of comprehending site specific policies and standard operating procedures and the ability to implement such as needed.
Domestic Protection Service LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including hiring, training, promotion, compensation and benefits. DPS is proud to hire military veterans.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format such as large print, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.