Join the YRC Freight team! We are the original LTL Carrier with over 90 years in the business and we’re looking for fulltime Combination City Driver/Dock Workers.
As a YRC Freight City Combination Driver/Dock Worker, you’ll be responsible for safely driving trucks and trailers to pick up and deliver freight to and from various locations as well as loading/unloading freight from trailers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating a tractor-trailer to pick up and deliver freight within a defined area
- Pre-trip and post trip inspections of tractor/trailer(s) and when stopped en route
- Dropping and hooking trailer(s) and changing equipment configurations as necessary
- Loading and unloading freight from trailers using various lifting methods including forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Preparing, inspecting, and cleaning trailers before loading freight
- Reviewing freight bills for special instructions and inspecting freight for damage
- Competitive pay based on union scale
- 100% Company Paid premiums for Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your family (most locations)
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 21 years of age or older
- Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Double/Triple, Tanker and Hazardous Material endorsements
- One year of tractor-trailer driving experience
- A safe driving record per MVR
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Read, write and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway and traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, read a bill of lading
- Work various shifts and days of the week
For other opportunities visit drive4yrc.com or call 1-877-249-2271 to speak to a recruiter now.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
With more than 28,000 employees, YRC Freight is the largest operating unit of Overland Park, Kansas-based YRC Worldwide, and one of the largest trucking companies in the United States.
Being one of the largest isn’t what makes YRC Freight a great company to work for. With a reputation for competitive pay and benefits in the LTL freight industry, there are many reasons to consider working with us.
YRC Freight attracts the best drivers on the road
1.100% Company-paid health care benefits and vacation time.
2.All equipment is provided and maintained by the Company.
3.Daily dispatches with minimum time away from home.
Role: Truck Driver Class A, Local Driving with Company Paid Benefits!
Apply for this job now.