Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, HP, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment.
With annual revenues of more than $100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's Best Places to Work NYC and Great Places to Work US. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce. Keen to join us?
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
Rokt is looking to hire a Business Analyst to join our Business Analytics team and support us in our goal of delivering rapid insights and innovation to unlock value sooner. Data is the language that this team speaks and every member knows the data at Rokt like the palm of their hand. By combining, transforming and analyzing data, the team finds meaning in and improves the understanding of a specific situation - be it how to optimize a client's performance or how to investigate an unknown issue. As part of the greater Product organization, the team also develops feature prototypes and finds new & innovative solutions to help shape the future vision of our products. An ideal candidate can wrap their head around complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients businesses. In this role you will be working closely with our Customer Success, Product, Engineering, and FP/A teams and gain a unique end-to-end perspective of the Rokt products, as well as the challenges we solve for our clients.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Be part of the Business Analytics team supporting data analysis and providing valuable insights to internal/external clients
- Pair and collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to work on ad-hoc work, discovery projects, POCs, mockups and prototypes
- Create and maintain dashboards that reports on company wide metrics
- Handle day-to-day operational requests from different teams in the business
- Apply statistical methods, concepts and tools to interpret data, analyze results and convert it into useful knowledge
- Prepare reports for executive leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Structure problems, identify solution options and manage evaluation processes including any supporting analysis, customer inputs or research
- Be an active member of the broader product team, engaged in broader discussion and team building activities
Capabilities & requirements
- You have 1-2 years of experience in the field of applying data, analytics and research to drive demonstrable results
- You are a SQL expert and have experience working with big data in some form
- You are experienced with visualization tools such as Tableau
- You have the ability to break down complex problems, conduct relevant analysis, and evaluate and recommend solutions
- You are experienced with data-driven product development strategies and have experience with agile development methodologies
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, who is comfortable translating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and contextual angles
- You feel comfortable sorting through ambiguity
- You are a great team player, positively contributing to the Rokt team and culture
- Experience using languages like Python to execute and share the results of analyses is a plus
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, Level Up investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Roktspeed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Roktstar Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Roktstars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.