Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £23,503 per annum, Inc benefits
Reed Secure are proud to be partner with a major police force, supporting with several permanent Investigation Support Officer vacancies across Banbury, Oxford, Aylesbury and Milton Keynes.
Our client has the vison to be an excellent police service, trusted by all their communities. To achieve this vision and deliver their strategic aims and objectives, they are seeking highly motivated, skilled investigators to join them.
- £23,503pa + contributory pension scheme with with 13.5% shift allowance as appropriate
- A variety of shifts covering the unit operating hours of #removed# (2000hrs on Sunday) Options for office-based hours are available – these do not attract a shift allowance
- Strict police vetting will be conducted
- Unit – Assessment & Investigation Unit (AI)
You will provide an effective and efficient support function within a mixed economy team of Police Officers and staff, including administrative tasks, evidence collection and recording tasks on Niche RMS.
- Undertake evidence collection accurately and efficiently within an investigatory process, to support a mixed economy team of Police Officers and staff
- Record witness accounts in the form of a statement which meets the required evidential and quality standards to comply with CPS guidelines
- Undertake tasks as directed by an OIC or supervisor in line with level of training and designation which includes house to house enquiries, the scoping, seizing and viewing of media footage and exhibit handling
- Review material in accordance with the Criminal Procedure Investigation Act (CPIA) to identify further lines of enquiry or relevant material where directed by the OIC or the Disclosure Officer
- View CCTV and/or other media footage as circumstances dictate, which will include copying relevant footage, obtaining evidence from mobile phones and identifying further investigative opportunities
- Attend court to give specific evidence when required, including evidence of exhibits seizure / handling, statement taking and to support the investigation/prosecution team
- Assist OICs and supervisors to work with partner and support agencies in response to victim updates, information sharing, risk assessments and collation of evidence
Skills required to be successful.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; confident at intermediate level with an aptitude/willingness to learn new systems/technology and TVP Systems
- Good standard of education with GCSEs (Grade 9-1/A-C) or Key Skills level 2 or equivalent in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to organise, plan, manage and prioritise workloads
Our client is passionate about their people and offer a wide range of employee benefits where you’ll get access to shopping discounts, cut price tickets and travel services, to name a few.
Our client encourages applications from their underrepresented communities including all ethnic or religious backgrounds, LGBTQ+, women and those with disabilities.