Opportunity for a customer centric Commercial Construction Superintendent who can lead a self-performing team completing all different types of construction both vertical and horizontal
Creativity and patience are the keys to a successful, long-term relationship with this organization that has more than 10 years of work in the pipeline
If you’re someone who enjoys fishing and a much more laid-back lifestyle in the Hawaiian Islands, this opportunity may be for you!
Govig – #1 full-service recruiting firm, your access to the best opportunities available, is looking for an individual for a COMMERCIAL SUPERINTENDENT with a general contractor based on Lana’i.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY. The General Superintendent will manage on-site planning and execution of construction projects for the company, coordinating field crews and subcontractors for successful delivery of projects relative to schedule, budget and quality.
· Build strong communication links with supervisors, peers, employees, and community and government agencies.
· Works with company Project Managers and field foremen, while providing supervision over hourly union employees and project subcontractors.
· Establish construction means and methods for self-performing trades on all projects.
· To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of on-site procedures for successful completion of the project(s).
· Daily assignment of field crew resources to the various projects underway at any point in time.
· Manage and coordinate activities with other departments when their involvement is necessary and required for the timely completion of the project.
· Schedule, coordinate and manage subcontractors and material suppliers daily to ensure timely completion of tasks.
· Ensure subcontractors’ manpower are sufficient to meet the established project completion dates.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities for the work being performed.
· Assist Project Manager in the development and refinement of the Project Schedule, and to work with the Project Manager to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
· Receive and review the Subcontractors Daily Reports of work performed and labor and material employed.
· Review and approval of all Lanai Builders hourly field trade timesheets.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Lead weekly safety meetings and establish and monitor jobsite safety protocols.
WHAT YOU NEED.
· Must have 7+ years as a commercial superintendent
· Must be able to read blueprints and specifications with knowledge of each trade
· Experience with union labor is a plus
This position has a high sense of urgency! Ignite your career and apply today for a confidential conversation!
Established in 1978, Govig & Associates is an executive recruiting firm specializing in retained search for executive-level talent across multiple industries.
Role: Construction Superintendent (Hawaii)
Location: Lanai City,
Apply for this job now.