COMPANY: BAE SYSTEMS.
JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
We are looking to hire additional Solution Architects in London to work on a range of projects for Government customers. The work that we do is very important to our customers, high profile and high impact.
In BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, Solution Architects are responsible for architecting solutions to meet the needs of BAE clients. Solution architects ensure that solutions developed within delivery programmes are fit-for-purpose. They select and tailor the engineering processes that are used to develop the solution and govern the technical quality of the work as it is executed. As expert communicators with deep knowledge in more than one discipline, they coordinate the activities of engineering specialists to develop a design and work with Software Engineers and Service professionals to deliver enduring capability.Role responsibilities
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- To lead the development of solution architectures, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers
- To be responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering approach on a project or programme
- To oversee and assure the implementation of the design in collaboration with other design team members such as Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, System and Software Designers, Data Architects, Security Architects and Functional Architects
- To ensure that the design meets key functional and non-functional requirements and will allow the operational and through-life scenarios required for the solution to be satisfied
- To own and manage technical and solution risks, and work to reduce and mitigate at earliest practical opportunity
- To lead estimation efforts to rapidly develop an understanding of potential solution costs and delivery timescales including appropriate Service regimes for solutions in production operation
- To retain overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification.
- To ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- To work with quality and test management functions to ensure that proposed test strategies and approaches are fit-for-purpose.
- To work with Delivery Assurance functions to agree how the quality and progress of a given solution delivery should be tracked, and acts an expert resource to support interventions on projects where solution quality or progress has become an issue.
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Role: Solution Architect
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.