- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified preceptorship nurse or experienced registered nurse ( Adult Nurse - RGN, Mental Health Nurse - RMN or Learning Disability Nurse - RNLD )
to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist care home for adults with complex needs in Sheffield. The Care Home has had a recent refurbishment to a very high standard. They have a very positive and supportive work environment
with a brilliant long-standing team.
The culture of the Care Home is very team orientated and the Manager has an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
They are very proud of their recent GOOD CQC rating.
- Service Type: SpecialistCare Home for adults with mental health, complex dementia and challenging behaviour
- Salary: £17.00 per hour ( £29,172 - £38,896 per annum ) - negotiable depending on your experience
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 22, 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week)
- Shifts: Options of Days only or Nights only or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
The Care Home is a 59-bedded home split across four units. They have one male-only unit providing long-term care and support for men who require a single-sex environment, perhaps due to disinhibition or challenging behaviour. The other three units provide specialist support for men and women with a range of complex needs.
The home cares for complex conditions including:
- Mental health
- Complex dementia
- Challenging behaviour
They are rated 9.1/10 on [... Click Apply...] and have several fantastic reviews left by services users and relatives of services users. Below is a recent example of a review left by a relative of a service user: "We were impressed from the start by the care and support my husband received. We felt confident to leave him in the home and could sleep at night. The surroundings were clean, cheerful and comfortable since the refurb. The care and support remain exemplary but the standard of the home furnishings is "hotel" quality. We particularly appreciate separate lounges. My husband is very settled." Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression:
The Care Home offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the service. You will also have access to training opportunities to develop and enhance your nursing skills. You will receive ongoing support from your Manager. Employee Benefits:
• Comprehensive induction programme
• On-going training and development
• A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
• Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses
• Good CQC rating
• 28 days annual leave
• Company pension scheme
• Free uniform
• Free car parking
• Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
• Paid enhanced DBS check
• RCNi CPD e-learning - offers support and training for revalidation
• Childcare vouchers
• Retail and leisure discounts
• Holiday discounts
• 2 for 1 cinema tickets
• Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
• Free financial advice and assistanceFor more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on [... Click Apply...]or email a copy of your CV to [... Click Apply...]
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.