Oversees the scheduling of beach concessions, including the Beach Store and kayak rentals. Responsible for the overall presentation of the store and displays and training and supervising other Clerk/Cashiers and troubleshooting problems that may occur. This position performs a variety of duties; sales, cashier and clerical work, including collecting money, maintaining financial records and preparing reports. Responds to public inquiries in a friendly, polite manner; capable of giving clear, concise instructions in the event of an emergency.
Individual will work 20 hours per week (not to exceed 999 hours in a fiscal year).
Responsible for training and supervising other Clerk/Cashiers and troubleshooting problems that may occur. Perform operation and maintenance duties related to beach concessions store and kayak rentals. Responsible for daily scheduling with respect to opening and securing facility and rentals at the close of each day. Responsible for collecting money and maintaining records of inventory and sale of Beach Store and kayak rental related items.
Responsible for care and maintenance of rental equipment and work area. Respond to public inquiries in a friendly polite manner. Perform other related duties as required.
Duties include making purchases of items for sale using good judgment and decision making skills.
Salary range: $15.97 - $19.42 per hour
Principles of standard math and financial recordkeeping and general office procedures.
- Deal with various types of people in a high public contact atmosphere.
- Maintain records of inventory items for sale and rental related items.
- To build and maintain a sales/rental team.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Lift 15 pounds.
- Independently gather and compile data of routine nature.
- Operate, or learn to operate Point of Sale software (POS), standard office equipment, including POS computer equipment and printers.
- Use smartphone and/or tablet application for POS.
- To speak English/Spanish is preferred.
Training and Experience:
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge would be:
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Post high school education, including trade school.
- Previous sales/cashiering management experience.
- Must be age 18 or older.
Incorporated in 1965, the City of Carpinteria (pop 14,000+) is an inviting seaside community with an abundance of natural beauty and small town charm. Located in Santa Barbara County adjacent to Highway 101, the City is located 12 miles south of Santa Barbara, CA, 12 miles north of Ventura, CA and 80 miles north of Los Angeles, CA.
Situated between the mountains and the coast, residents and visitors enjoy over 275 days of sunshine a year and average daytime temperature between 68-80 degrees. Carpinteria is an outdoor enthusiast's playground. Rincon Point is recognized as one of the finest surfing spots in the world. Beautiful beaches, a community swimming pool and picturesque parks and trails provide activities for every interest.
This recritment will remain open until filled and may close without prior notice. Prompt application submission is encouraged.Job Posted by ApplicantPro