At Care South, a leading not for profit social care organisation, we have exciting opportunities for full time and part time Specialist Home Care Assistant to join us working in Crewkerne, Bridport, Hinton St George and South Somerset area.
As this is a field-based role, it is essential all applicants hold a driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Benefits for Care South - Specialist Home Care Assistant include:
- Contact time paid at £9.90 - £11.90 per hour
- Enhanced Bank Holiday pay rates
- Welcome bonus of £500
- 40p per mile mileage allowance
- Blue Light discount card
- RAC breakdown cover
- Paid DBS and uniform
- Reward and recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Outstanding training, qualification and career advancement opportunities
- £500 'Refer a Friend’ bonus scheme
- Various shifts between the hours of 07.00-22:00 available
- All contact visits a minimum of 30 minutes
Key duties for Specialist Home Care Assistant include (but may not be limited to):
- Assuming key worker responsibilities, reviewing and updating of individually tailored reablement plans and risk assessment on a daily and weekly basis.
- Signposting clients to services which will ensure their continued independence after the reablement programme service has ceased.
- Participating and assisting with any needs assessments, producing relevant documentation and completing weekly review of outcomes.
- Responding to the needs of clients and their families/carers, ensuring the client or their advocate is at the centre of decision-making.
- Supporting clients with personal care tasks and day-to-day life
Care is at the HEART of everything we do and it is our values that inspire us, not profits.
- Previous experience in a care setting is required
- Flexible in the hours you can work and ability to work every other weekend
- Strong attention to detail and reporting skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Holder of an enhanced DBS on the update service or prepared to undertake one.
PEOPLE | PASSION | PURPOSE
If you want to make a real difference to someone’s life - Care South is the place for you to do it. We will support you and your career development.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR ABOVE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.