Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Portsmouth City Council to provide them with a Personal Advisor on a 3-6 month initial contract that may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £13-£17 per hour. Negotiable dependent on experience.
As a successful Personal Advisor, your duties will be:
- To be responsible for support young people age 18 to 25 to develop their independent living skills.
- Supporting them to access Employment, Education or Training.
- Support young people emotionally and practically to move into and maintain a tenancy.
- Support young people to develop /or strengthening all the skills necessary for independent living.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Be computer literate, comfortable using MS word, and able to use Excel to create and maintain databases.
- Have skills in tact and diplomacy, be someone who is able to empathise with service users.
- Be able to consolidate learning in to working practice. Be reflective and resilient in their practice.
- Preferable to be educated to degree level, but if not evidence of post 18 training or development.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of working with challenging young people with a spectrum of needs and abilities.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200