Back End DeveloperCompensation:
$125000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
I am urgently looking for an intermediate Full Stack Ruby Engineer to join my customer, a worldwide company on a 100% remote basis. The customer has a very sophisticated Onboarding process that is built to give you the greatest opportunity for career success. Your experience with the organization will give you the opportunity to improve the fundamentals and learn about the top-notch technologies in Ruby Full Stack development space.
If you feel you qualify after reading the below requirements, contact me at #removed#. Attach a Word version of your resume and call me.
What You’ll Get to Do
In our team of developers, every developer has some ownership of a portion of our architecture. There are several different applications, all with a roadmap of features and fixes that you can sink your teeth into. These range from our main Rails application (Rails, Unicorn, Nginx) to data collection and archiving (Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Mongo, etc.). Most of our development is done in Ruby but we do have portions written in other languages as well (PHP, Go, etc).
A software engineer joining our team would be expected to not only handle the normal bug mashing and feature implementation but also work on making our software and processes more developer-friendly. We expect members of our team to be vocal about problems that they see as we prefer to be proactive rather than reactive. If you're going through a code base and see inefficiencies that need to be attended to, we'll get them on the short-term road map or, in some cases, just work it into an existing task depending on what makes the most sense. Our engineering team is a strong proponent of the phrase "leave it better than you found it."
What You Bring to the Table
● BS or Microsoft in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or even a Ruby-centric developer boot camp.
● Minimum of 3 years of detail oriented full-stack coding experience and have a good grasp of the Ruby language, the interpreter and Rails.
● Familiarity with Sinatra framework.
● Familiarity with front-end js frameworks like ember.js, react.js, vue.js or angular.js
● Comfortable working with various databases and picking up new technologies.
● Understanding of TDD and BDD best practices.
● Understanding of best practices for code development.
● Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems and Docker/Kubernetes.
● A passion to learn and to impart knowledge to others.
● Someone who takes the initiative to teach themselves cutting edge tech.
● Excitement around performance optimizations, experimenting with new features, splitting big applications into smaller apps, and rapidly iterating on a piece of code.Job Requirements:
Ruby on Rails, Ruby Rails, PHP, PHP Development, MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch Technologies
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.