Are you a fun loving, still a kid at heart, authentic influencer, who would thrive representing the ultimate toy company and their products at retail? We are looking for an ambitious, outgoing Part-Time Retail Toy Sales Specialist to join a vibrant team to help increase sell-through and promote brand awareness for the client.
As a Retail Toy Sales Specialist, you are an integral piece of the retail puzzle representing the brand by providing a stellar customer experience while maximizing sales, mindshare and ensuring the physical environment of the retail space is top notch shape. Not only do you sell these amazing toys but will create that friendly family feel to the customers and bring out that kid that is still hiding inside of all of us!
- Proactively engages with customers, reads cues and responds effectively
- Delivers a friendly and efficient cash wrap experience, processing customer transactions accurately and efficiently
- Processes merchandise to be floor ready and maintain the back room and under stock to brand standards
- Replenishes merchandise to brand standards to ensure the product is placed on the sales floor and available for purchase
- Assists with other projects as needed including markdowns, re-tickets and the mark out of stock process
- Understands and demonstrating Company values
- Other duties as assigned by management
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to show patience and tact and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be reliable and able to work well both in a team environment and independently
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to ask effective questions and be an active listener
- Flexible schedule - must have the ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed (Black Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years’ work experience in customer service, retail, or sales (or similar role that would provide equivalent experience) preferred
- Operation of POS system and cash handling preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly talk, sit, stand, walk and bend over, repetitive use of hands/arms, repetitive use of legs and grasp
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE RECRUITING PROCESS:
- Apply online for this opportunity to be considered
- Participate in a phone interview with a recruiter
- If qualified, you will be moved along in the process and interview with a hiring manager
- Must meet all pre-and post-employment requirements, including but not limited to a background check and motor vehicle review
BDS Marketing, LLC. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is your trusted retail marketing partner. With over 30 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, we are experts at powering sales for the world’s top brands. BDS offers our clients three fully integrated core solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Brand Advocacy, Retail Readiness, and Retail Environments. We craft custom solutions from our suite of 18 services, and our specialized teams ensure your brand is ready for each new selling season. Founded in 1984, BDS Marketing, Inc. is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. with a regional office in Heath, Ohio. For more information, visit #removed#
In 1984, BDSmktg was originally founded as a field marketing agency. Our founder, Mark Dean, had a vision to provide an excellent working environment for employees, and believed that by focusing on putting employees first, they would in turn take great care of their clients. With two other founders, BDS was born in Marks garage, and the group of three formed BDS: Baker, Dean and Sherwood. The rest was history.
In the early years, BDS was a boutique agency that ran customer promotions and sampling events for a few clients. Since then, we have grown to be the leading, privately-held, retail marketing agency in the U.S. We support world-class brands, manufacturers, and retailers with a streamlined suite of integrated sales and marketing solutions, 18 specialized services, award-winning in-house experts, and a field team of over 7,000 representatives. To get where we are today, we made a number of partnerships and acquisitions throughout the years that allowed us to meet our clients needs and service the entire retail value chain.
The first major addition to the BDS family was in 2006, when we acquired Channel Partners to enrich our Training, Assisted Sales and Product Launch offerings. The following year, Keystone Marketing Specialists was purchased, which added the Flex Force shared model, along with the Retail Access training platform, into our mix of capabilities. In 2013, BDS brought RMSe on board to offer retail installation and construction services as an in-house capability, furthering expanding the retail value chain to include retail environments. Most recently in 2016, BDS partnered with Apollo Retail Specialists and its equity partners to form BDS Solutions Group, LLC, a platform organization that has allowed us to significantly expand our field team and service offerings to further influence purchase decisions throughout the entire customer shopping journey.
While the agency has evolved over the years, one thing has never changed: our culture. Throughout all these years, we continue to have a work hard, play hard mentality. On top of that, we are proud to staff an amazing team of people who we call co-workers and friends.
Role: Seasonal Retail Sales Specialist
Apply for this job now.