Creative Apparel Concepts (CAC) is seeking a Product Line Manager for our global sleep and loungewear brands. As part of the CAC product management team, you will be responsible for defining, driving, and delivering consumer relevant sleepwear and lounge apparel/products to the market and mentoring and coaching at least one associate product line manager.
The Product Line Manager- sleep and loungewear will be responsible for building brand, retail and consumer relevant and sustainably profitable ranges in all assigned categories.
The Product Line Manager quarterbacks complex projects from idea to concept and prototyping through development and delivery. The successful candidate will use "design thinking" and "voice of the consumer" to align our product strategy to the brands and bring our design inspiration and unique creative edge to life. The ideal candidate will lead through influence to align the entire organization around product roadmaps and launches using our C2C stage gate process to successfully execute against our opportunities.
The product manager's team and allies are the Product Development team, the art/graphic design team, technical design, sourcing and production. The successful candidate will partner closely with the sales ops team to create detailed product requirements and work closely with Design, Sourcing, Quality and Sales and Operations teams to build and deliver the product.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set category vision, goals, strategy, and milestones for product and packaging for market and custom retailer needs
- Acquire sales history, current trend, and market research to guide product line decisions
- Create seasonal strategy for assigned category in collaboration with Sales and Creative teams to meet customer specific price points and satisfy margins
- Establish parameters for design by defining cost range and specific silhouettes/fabric/trim
- Meet with cross functional partners on a regular basis to review boards, samples, costing, etc.
- Manage and follow up on all line creation needs including costing, fabric, sampling and fit.
- Monitor category progress and prepare competitive analysis
- Maintain up-to-date competitive analysis for appropriate categories
- Collaborate across business divisions to define financial product performance goals and budgets
- Own success metrics for product performance, monitor and communicate updates and roadmap impact. Be the CEO of your product line.
- Drive the C2C stage gate process cross functionally. Be the "quarterback" and ensure all cross functional department deliverables are on time and on quality
- Lead through influence and leverage all cross functional team members to ensure company-wide understanding and buy-in for product roadmaps and products
- Methodical understanding and constant research of global/regional market and distribution channel requirements (competition, innovation, assortment, pricing, features, etc...).
- Supervise and mentor Product Development Assistant
- Sales & Margin
- SKU & Style Count
- Market share
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in product line management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically while also executing details
- Previous retail/wholesale knowledge and ideas for future growth
- Excellent analytical, organizational and collaboration skills
- Understanding of fit, construction, materials, visual merchandising, manufacturing, etc.
- Experience developing pricing strategies and assortments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in apparel industry preferred
- Willingness to work long hours during seasonal periods
- Some travel required
- Open office with a moderate noise level
- Creative, fun and active work environment
- Travel 10%
- Full time 40+ hour position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand and (for the majority of the time) will be sitting at their desk and working on the computer. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Creative Apparel Concepts (CAC) offers a wide array of services and is involved in several apparel markets. We create and design customized apparel for souvenir, private label, collegiate and professional sports, resort wear, and sleepwear that fits our clients' needs. We distribute and manufacture over 100 popular licensed properties as well as multiple proprietary brands. With our staff of in-house artists and designers, we're able to create unique trend right garments that incorporate our customers' vision. We use innovative print and design techniques that take our apparel to the next level. You've seen our work anywhere from Walmart to Nordstrom, Six Flags to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We outsource all manufacturing of garments.
Role: Product Line Manager - Apparel
Location: Maple Grove,
Apply for this job now.