Front End - React - Contract
Front End React Developer required to join our Engineering team.
- Create prototypes and production-ready XHTML/CSS/JS for eCommerce websites
- Build modular layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations
- Forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement headless solutions
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front End Quality through participating in coding reviews and adhering to Wunderman Thompson Commerce coding standards
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel! You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!
The techy bit .we need:
- Solid understanding of Server Side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS (we like SASS)
- Good understanding of Rest APIs
- Commercial experience working on SPA solutions, ideally within E-commerce
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in Front End architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Willingness to contribute to both large, complex projects and smaller tasks as directed.
- Experience of using Git version control in a large development team performing Continuous Integration
- Great attitude, strong work ethic, excellent communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and capability to interact directly with the customer (show and tells/requirement analysis sessions/retrospectives etc)
- Experience of graphics packages, primarily Photoshop, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin
- Experience using Unit Testing Frameworks such as Jest, enzyme and react-test-library
If you know some of this even better!
- Experience in building rapid prototypes
- Solid information, interaction, and visual design skills
- Experience creating site architecture diagrams, wireframes, process flows
- Experience in building design systems/Atomic Design methodology
- Commercial experience of TypeScript
- Experience of implementing TDD/BDD methodology
- Good understanding of SEO principles including web analytics
- Commercial eCommerce platform experience - WebSphere Commerce
- Experience in contributing to the architecture of SPA eCommerce solutions
- Experience of working on Java projects would be extremely advantageous
- Experience of mentoring junior members of the team
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Boots, Xerox Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.
Role: Front End React Developer
Job Type: Any
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire,
Apply for this job now.