JOB TITLE: Knowledge & Information Officer - Public Health
LOCATION: Islington, London
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 5 days a week.
PAY RATE: from £19.70 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Knowledge & Information Officer in Public Health.
The post holder will join Camden and Islington's Public Health Knowledge and Intelligence team who specialise in knowledge management and epidemiology/statistics. The remit of the team is to turn health data and information into intelligence that underpins policy decisions to improve population health and reduce inequalities. This post holder will collate, analyse, interpret and present qualitative health information from national, regional and local sources, specifically to inform decision making and strategy development with a particular focus on wider determinants of health. The post holder will also need to undertake qualitative studies to establish local views on particular health and wellbeing issues, particular around the wider determinants of health. They will need to present findings as written reports and verbally at meetings.
The post holder will collaborate with colleagues across Camden and Islington Local Authorities, the Community and Voluntary Sector in Camden and Islington and colleagues in the local clinical commissioning groups, the Commissioning Support Unit and other partner organisations within the local health economy, to enable them to gather existing qualitative information and carry out qualitative studies on specific topics.
The post holder will join Camden and Islington's public health knowledge intelligence and performance team consisting of public health analysts, public health information officers, and assistant officers. The remit of the team is to turn health data and information into intelligence that underpins policy decisions to improve population health and reduce inequalities. The post holder will collate, analyse, interpret and present health information, contributing to a wide spectrum of public health work such as needs assessment, health equity audit, health impact assessment and analysis of health service utilisation.
- Collate and compile existing qualitative data from routine and ad-hoc sources, from national, regional and local levels, which describe the health and wellbeing needs of Islington's population, including the wider determinants of health.
- Identify gaps in the evidence base of qualitative information on health and wellbeing in Camden and Islington.
- Where gaps have been identified, to undertake small, rapid, qualitative studies to obtain resident, patients', and organisational (e.g. voluntary sector) views to inform evidence-based decision-making.
- Assist in the general upkeep and development of information systems and explore new sources of information through working with partner organisations, especially the Local Authorities.
- Routinely monitor and describe the health status of the local population using a variety of different information sources and analytical methods to support needs assessment, health equity audit and health impact assessment, service evaluation, performance reporting, commissioning and clinical governance.
- Produce presentational material for routine and ad-hoc reports, collate and present qualitative findings to contribute to the “Voice” section of Islington's Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, develop case studies for the Annual Public Health Report.
- Provide a pro-active and responsive information service that includes responding to ad-hoc requests for public health information as well as Public Health Knowledge input to longer-term projects and service development.
- Provide advice and suppo