Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Title: Surgical Technologist
Based at: Madison, Wisconsin
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for experienced Surgical Technologist. The Surgical Technologist will be under the direction of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel, but will be required to work independently at certain tasks.
The following job duties include some, but not all, of the job duties an ST will be required to perform.
- Assist in preparation of the operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment, sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Independently assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Assist in positioning patients on the operating table and cover them with sterile surgical drapes.
- Assist the surgical team with putting on their sterile gowns and gloves, as well as passing instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and surgeon assistants during surgery.
- Assist in transferring patients to the recovery room and to clean and restock the operating room after surgery.
- Independently perform the following tasks properly: collect, decontaminate, process, and prepare reusable medical equipment.
- Have the skills and knowledge, including understanding the importance of accuracy, in order to independently perform the following tasks properly: collect specimens at the sterile field and hand off the specimen to the circulating RN.
- Independently able to function as a Surgical Technologist in PV, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, ENT, GU, Ortho, Cardiac and Thoracic cases.
- The Surgical Technologist must be a graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program recognized and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- The Surgical Technologist shall possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- The Surgical Technologist must have a minimum of 12 months of experience as a surgical technologist within the last 3 years.
- Operating Room experience with hearts, robotic, neuro and peripheral vascular in the last 90 days is required.
- Must be computer literate as patient documentation is directly inputted in the patient's electronic medical record.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR