Job Description: Rehabilitation Specialist
Report To: Program Director
Work Schedule: 20 - 40 hours a week
Summary of Position Responsibilities
The OMHC Rehabilitation Specialist is responsible in planning, organizing, evaluating, and directing the delivery of quality client services within a behavioral health treatment program with consideration of specialized programming and services geared for behavioral health clients. They will review and sign client's daily contact notes, monthly progress notes and provide weekly supervision to counselors. They support the Executive Director with compliance within the organization's standards and objectives, applicable contracts, regulations, and accreditation standards. This position collaborates with the program's counselors and administrative staff in the daily coordination of PRP services, therapy, and other services.
- · Function as the agency's Rehabilitation Counselor.
- · Assist and oversee the timely completion of assessments, clinical admission notes, and master treatment plans for new admissions.
- · Complete authorization for new and existing clients.
- · Collaborates with management on all phases of program administration, program development, and scheduling.
- · Assist with clinical meetings/case conferences with all clinical staff
- · Review and sign client's daily contact notes and monthly progress notes.
- · Preparation and presentation of performance evaluations.
- · Makes appropriate compensation recommendations, if applicable.
- · Provides appropriate supervision, training for department and hold staff accountable for attending required training.
- · Assumes a small caseload; conduct group needed.
- · Monitors adherence to company, COMAR, and accreditation procedures and practices.
- · Provides support with intakes, group and individual counseling when needed
- · Presentation of Research and development in areas of study
- · Responsible for implementation of position focus managing daily operations
- · Collaborate with management on all areas of corporate compliance and critical incident investigations.
- · Advise the CEO
- · Assist with the assignment of clients to counselors
- · Assist the Director as needed in the areas of state and CARF inspections, staffing meetings, concerns and other areas as needed.
- · Consult with other agencies in the referral of clients when indicated.
- · Assists Program Director with the Quality Assurance team to address Quality Improvement issues
- · Assists Program Director with addressing patient grievances and incidents
- Job Requirements:
- · Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health field required.
- · Certified Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission
- · Active Licensure as a Professional Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, Addictions Counselor, or Marriage and Family Therapist. Associate licensees are also encouraged to apply with requisite experience.
- · At least 2 years of direct care experience working with diagnosed mentally ill adults.
- · At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- · Strong knowledge of behavioral health community programs and services and homeless population
- · Knowledge of principles and practices of all facets of an outpatient behavioral health facility.
- · Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Business Suite, and EHR software
- Client Type:
- · Adolescents/Children
- · Adults
- · Family
Powered by JazzHR