The Customer Account Representative is the primary point of contact for current customer accounts. This role is responsible for providing quality and efficient service to customers. This includes providing customers with status updates regarding their accounts, entering or adjusting sales orders, coordinating with other departments to resolve customer issues, and preparing invoices.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive business relationships with customers.
- Enter new order requests and manage order adjustments using the internal company ERP as well as customer specific systems.
- Represent customer interests when partnering with Production and Purchasing to set production schedules.
- Request raw materials from customers based on recommendations from the Warehouse and Purchasing departments.
- Release finalized orders to Shipping & Receiving to set delivery schedules.
- Communicate proactively with customers on order status, forecasts, open complaints, etc. to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Respond to customer concerns, evaluate, and collaborate with multiple departments to resolve problems such as production delays, material shortages, or quality concerns.
- Inform sales representatives of current customer activity and order statuses as appropriate.
- Prepare invoices for customers and partner with the Accounting to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
- Generate reports and distribute to management on a regular basis.
- Setup and maintain customer database and related files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Project Management software a plus.
- Experience with inventory software such as ERP/MRP is desirable
Other Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Customer Service, Account Management in a Manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, identify problems, and conduct root cause analysis as required.
- Strong communication skills; follow through and ability to interface with others is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external customers.
- Ability to quickly and accurately perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage confidential information.
- College Degree is desired but not required.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment and an employee must be able to successfully perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, sitting and walking. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work which involves sitting most of the time.
Role: Customer Account Representative
Location: Mount Prospect,
Apply for this job now.