Aqua Finance believes people do their best work when they're happy, so we work to make Aqua Finance a place where everyone can thrive.
Aqua Finance, Inc. employees are passionate not only about building great teams, but also about being great teammates. Everyone at Aqua Finance shares the mission of helping others succeed. You'll join a talented team focused on solving problems and identifying opportunities!
A Business Analyst is part of a project team for new IT systems delivery, discretionary maintenance, and enhancement releases and updates.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
BUSINESS ANALYST - ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Effectively translate functionality requests into user stories, functional requirements and test scenarios for projects of various sizes and complexity
- Serve as the primary point of communication between project stakeholders: business departments, IT project leaders, and development staff
- Create business process flow diagrams
- Validate requirements, write user acceptance test cases, and execute and/or coordinate testing activities
- Assist with release planning and regression testing of system releases
- Write and maintain systems documentation, end-user manuals, and release notes
- Provide functional and business expertise to developers during the design and development phases
- Build a deep understanding of the platforms to identify opportunities for profitable growth, ensure a positive user experience, and implement operational efficiencies.
- Engage with internal and external customers to develop an understanding and perspective about opportunities that exist in the marketplace, and those where Aqua Finance has the potential to excel.
- Facilitate working meetings to bridge the gap between business needs and technical challenges.
- Evaluate options and steer a project team to help determine the best solution and apply critical thinking for balanced decisions.
- Other duties as directed
Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline is preferred
CCBA or CBAP certification is preferred
3-5 years of technical related experience with formal Business Analyst training is required. Similar combination of education and experience will be considered
Experience with working on Agile projects and using Jira is preferred
Highly motivated individual with strong problem solving, communication, writing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills is required.
Must be willing to learn the business of Aqua Finance and to apply knowledge gained to systems project work
General knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies as well as business process and information flow
General knowledge of diverse technologies and new and current architectures
Skills in object, data and/or process modeling; financial analysis and planning; business process design
Must have the ability to analyze problems, troubleshoot, and make decisions in the best interest of the company to minimize downtime.
Willingness to pursue ongoing training and/or certifications necessary to stay current in job role.
Occasional travel required for training and/or project work with external stakeholders and project team members
Periodic after core hours, night and weekend work is required in relation with system testing, upgrade, and implementation activity.
Must have sufficient experience or training to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform the job functions as defined above.
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40+
Salary Range: Based on Experience
Full Benefits Package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Group Life Insurance Plan, 401K with Company match, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid-Time-Off, Sick-Time-Off, ongoing training/developing, and much more!