Malibu Detox is looking for an overnight chemical dependency technician. This role will be the ongoing supervision for the safety and well being of our clients.
Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and care of clients
- Conduct safety checks on clients
- Occasional medication observations of client self administration of medication
- Documentation on our electronic medical record (EMR)
- Provides transportation when needed and appropriate
- May need to complete admission/intake procedures on new clients including all paperwork, room assignments, and initial orientation.
- Conducts property searches of clients as required by program standards.
- Performs urine drug screen testing of clients as required.
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, family systems and various recovery resources in the community and other resources in the community.
- Ability to write clear (and concise) statements, summarizing client's feelings, expressions, resistance.
- Ability to confront behavioral changes, identifies a crisis, and recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional ethics, including appropriate boundaries and patient confidentiality.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with clients, staff, peers and supervisors.
- Empathy, compassion and quality client care is a must.
- KIPU friendly is a plus
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Substance Abuse & Mental Health Disorders
- Must understand the therapeutic process, confidentiality, HIPPA, professional ethics, fundamentals of addiction, chemical dependency.
- CPR & First Aid Certification required
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean Driving record
- Must be able to pass background check
- TB Test required
Founded on the basis of providing individualized care in a comfortable, private environment. Malibu Detox is a JCAHO accredited premium care, drug and alcohol detox center in Malibu, California. Malibu Detox offers a unique client service to appeal to adults 18 and up with addictions stemming from chemical and alcohol dependency.
Role: Substance Abuse Technician / Chemical Dependency Technician
Apply for this job now.