Are you interested in working with the latest technologies and using your creativity and intelligence to change an industry? Do you want to be a member of a team that is developing new mobile technologies? At AFL’s Test & Inspection division, associates have the awesomely unique opportunity to impact the clients and businesses we service using leading and cutting edge technology. Wrapped in a small family and collaborative atmosphere, our entrepreneurial-like energy and cool challenges, backed by big company support, set us apart. With a solid portfolio of products and thirty years in the industry, we are expanding our engineering team to help support our next generation test equipment platform. We thrive on innovation and we are given the freedom to develop and see to fruition some of the best products and solutions in the fiber optic test and inspection equipment industry.
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a full time Backend Cloud Developer for our Test & Inspection group in Lowell, MA. The Developer will perform hands-on, full stack aeROS® web development in support of mobile applications, using a variety of modern application development frameworks, languages and techniques. They will be responsible for developing and extending our existing infrastructure to support new device types and capabilities, developing back-end software in support of both Android and iOS platforms.
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and QA to design and develop web applications compatible with Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Build highly-scalable service-based web applications
- Ensure programs are performing properly
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 2+ years’ web application development experience
- Back-end programming experience in Java is required
- Front-end Angular-JS experience is a plus
- Experience working on backend tools such as Google App Engine (GAE), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure required; GAE experience preferred
- Strong technical skills with the ability to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality software on time
- Experience working on Agile (Lean & XP) methodologies and teams (SCRUM preferred)
- Experience building websites for load-balanced environments is a plus
- Familiarity with BigQuery and connecting smart mobile devices to web APIs is a plus
- Experience working in fiber optics is a plus
- Experience working with Jira is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong business partnerships.
- Possess the drive and desire to learn constantly and accept the challenge to develop your skills.
- A results-oriented self-starter capable of meeting goals in an ever-evolving environment.
- Committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and the creation of quality products
- Driven to contribute to team strength and culture
- Solid analytic and problem solving skills
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue.
Role: Backend Cloud Developer
Apply for this job now.