Norhart is driven by a simple purpose, to create a better way to live through the apartments we build and manage. To fulfill that purpose, we need a fantastic team. As a lead flooring installer, you will work with and direct a small crew of flooring installers. We are fighting to be the best in the world at what we do. The only way we can do that is by employing the very best talent.
The lead flooring installer will be responsible for developing a flooring division within the carpentry team. This team will be responsible for all flooring including carpet, LVT, tile, etc. As a lead, you will be responsible for being the subject expert and teaching others the best flooring techniques.
Why Work at Norhart?:
- Growth opportunity! We are growing like crazy and company growth creates career opportunities for our employees.
- Steady work in a consistent location! Our construction team works year-round getting 40+ hours per week. Our large apartment complexes take a couple years to build, giving you a consistent location to show up to each day. This consistent work means, no lay-offs as we have projects set up to fuel our long term growth!
- We pay at the top of the market! We consistently monitor pay ranges in the industry and we choose to pay at the top of the market because we want the best people working here!
- Unlimited Paid-Time-Off!!! This is something unique in our industry. We want our employees bringing their full selves to work and giving it their all. This means sometimes you need to recharge and our unlimited PTO plan helps our employees do just that.
- Consult blueprints, designs, and client instructions to develop construction plans for your team
- Train others on the best methods for flooring installation
- Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify job site hazards
- Inspect, level and ready surface for flooring
- Install flooring
- Accurately cut materials to specifications
To be successful, you should have both strong technical skills and be strongly aligned to our purpose and values.
Creating a better way to live
Building and leasing quality apartments
A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day.
- Tireless Pursuit of Results - Tireless pursuit of results means that you have an internal drive to continue to push forward no matter the obstacles. It means sometimes staying late to ensure a job gets done. It means pushing a little harder to ensure quality standards are met. It means pouring your heart into ensuring something gets done.
- Respectful - Being respectful means that customers and employees work well with you even in difficult situations. It's about being a good team player. It includes being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a consistent way. It's recognizing that you are part of a team and sometimes you will win your point and sometimes you won't. It's about building a professional friendship.
- Can-do Attitude - Can do attitude is about believing in yourself and your team to get the job done. There is a delicate balance between having optimism for the future and being realistic about your goals. A person with a can-do attitude is realistically optimistic and positive about what can and will be done.
- Grow or Die - Grow or Die means to have a spirit dedicated to consistently getting better at your job. Finding ways, even small ways, of producing a higher quality or efficiency. Having a drive to learn more about your field from a variety of resources. Exhibiting the will to never give up on improving yourself.
- Reliable - The heart of reliability means to deliver on your promises. These promises include being on time every day. It means consistently delivering on the goals and milestones set for you. It means having a system to not forget any, even small, aspects of your job.
- Minimum of 5 years of flooring experience (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in carpet, LVT, and tile
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities
- The ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, scheduling, and blueprint reading
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Health Care Plan (ICHRA)
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities