about the position…
We need you to help us build the future. This is a chance to create the program that will shape the next generation of our Power Design field employees. As the career development manager, you’ll work at our headquarters campus in St. Petersburg, Florida, to create, manage and champion our nationwide electrical apprenticeship program.
As the career development manager for the field, you’ll work on enhancing the program and development for our electrical apprentices, who work while they learn the trade through firsthand experience on the job and in the classroom. Our apprentices have a clear career path to becoming an electrician with the potential and opportunity to become a manager of a team and larger scope of work, and you’ll be the one who helps guide them. This position is challenging, fun and fast-paced, and it has a direct impact on the future growth of our organization.
- Work with senior leaders to shape the future of our organization as well as the electrical industry by building and growing an apprenticeship program with a clear career path, mentors, standards and goals.
- Manage the apprenticeship program success team.
- Develop partnerships with key industry organizations (such as Independent Electrical Contractors and Associated Builders and Contractors) and engage in activities that promote and market the industry and our apprenticeship program.
- Oversee the apprentice recruitment process to help identify the best sources of hiring the ideal apprentice candidates, and ensure candidates meet and maintain Power Design standards.
- Create a formal mentorship program for apprentices and provide career support and guidance to apprentice employees, ensuring that they complete coursework and progress through the program.
- Evaluate the performance and qualities of apprentices and assigned mentors.
here’s what we’re looking for…
- A self-starting team leader with 3+ years of recruiting, training and project management experience who loves building programs from the ground up.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver with a drive for results who has demonstrated experience in program management (including development and execution).
- Bachelor’s degree required; construction industry knowledge is preferred, but not required.
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized and able to multitask and deliver results in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with very strict, changing deadlines.
- Must be extremely professional and poised, able to communicate and all levels of the organization, and exercise independent judgement and discretion.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Able to travel 30-40%.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Power Design’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
a little bit about us…
Join the Power Design team, and you’ll get more than a job. You’ll discover one of the fastest growing electrical contractors in the nation – the perfect environment for driven individuals who share our commitment to excellence and growth. You’ll find an organization committed to our values, to training and to giving back to the communities in which we live and work. And with more than 200 active projects, a 22-acre headquarters campus which includes a 16,000-square-foot employee training center, Power Design is one of the leading electrical contractors in the United States.
some of our benefits…
Power Design has national health and dental plans, and we also offer life insurance and short and long term disability plans. You’ll receive paid vacations and holidays as well as national discount programs for everything from movie tickets to flowers, rental cars, phones and vehicles! We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan as well as incentive and recognition programs. Relocation opportunities may also be available!
want to know more?
Our apprenticeship brochure has more info. You and also check out our Careers site, or visit us on Facebook !
With more than 200 active projects, a 22-acre national headquarter facility, a 100,000-square-foot distribution center, and accumulative revenue exceeding $2 billion dollars, Power Design is one of the top electrical contractors in the United States. Located at our corporate headquarters, Power Design's 16,000-square-foot training center is used for core training and hands-on simulation experiences to provide real-life applications, keeping us at the forefront of innovative training practices and techniques.
Since founded in 1989, Power Design has operated as a family-run business built on an unbending foundation of quality service and loyalty to our employees and customers. Our commitment to customer service has enabled us to partner with the top 100 general contractors as ranked by Engineering News-Record (ENR).
At Power Design, we are committed to providing a quality product and excellent customer service. While our growth is a part of our culture, business decisions are made based on long-term relationships and commitment, not profit margins. Partnering with Power Design means having a team member on board that seeks to create successful, innovative projects, delivered on time and on budget.
Role: Career Development Manager
Location: Saint Petersburg,
Apply for this job now.