Company: KPC HEALTHCARE, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
The Surgical Assistant has the responsibility to assist with transportation of surgical patients before and after surgery under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse. He/she maintains patient safety during patient transport. He/she shall follow departmental Policy and Procedures for cleaning and turnover of OR suites between cases and terminal cleaning in a timely manner. He/she performs additional duties in different areas of the department on an as-needed basis or as determined by Management. He/she demonstrates the philosophy of team concept, cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and infection control policies. He/she may handle human blood and other potentially infectious and/or hazardous materials, which may result in possible exposure to blood borne pathogens and/or harmful elements. This position may assist with care of the patient from adolescents to geriatrics and reports to the Director of Perioperative Services.
- Current BLS certification provided by AHA required.
- Proficiency in computer skills preferred.
- Full command (verbal and written) of the English language.
- Possess the physical ability and perceptive acuity (eg, visual, hearing) to satisfactorily perform all job related functions.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage is provided for all full time and part time employees*
- Medical is 100% employer paid including dependents*
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO plan*
- Pet Insurance Discount Program*
- Employee Discount Program*
*Per diem staff ineligible