Hi, we're Securitas, we guard and protect things, right now somewhere around the world someone's most important assets are being monitored and protected by our Security Teams. From maintaining a safe environment for fans at Wembley Stadium or monitoring CCTV for savers cash at a global Bank, through to guarding the real estate and construction workforce for one of the UK's largest Rail infrastructure projects, our Security Officers play an integral role in making people feel safe.
We have now vacancies available for Security Officers on guaranteed hours across London Including :
We can offer Fixed Term Contracts of 6 to 12 months based on 24 or 36hours.
Shifts are available across days nights, weekdays and weekends.
Pay rates are between £10.35 -£13:00 per hour depending on location.
Paid on the 10th of each calendar month.
You must be available to travel to sites based at Wembley, Twickenham and Central London.
How you will make an impact as a Security Officer:
- Reporting to the onsite Supervisor, Security Officer will be based on a large site for an international defence, aerospace and security company.
- You will play a vital security role in protecting critical information for air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
- You will be required to securely guard the property, company assets, visiting customers and employees of our client.
- You will also be required to carry out patrols across a large facility, walking perimeters both internally and externally.
- You will be required to man a static guardhouse and sign in company visitors.
- You will always remain alert and vigilant to detect and deter any suspicious or threatening activity.
- As a Security Officer, you will retain full control of any threatening behaviour until the arrival of the Police or other external agency.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are always followed recording and reporting all faults, health and safety hazards.
- You will operate radios other physical security equipment used on site.
- Carry out initial investigations and report both verbally and in writing on incidents, suspicious activities, objects and vehicles.
- * Attend the event venue at given times as instructed by the Management Team of Securitas
- Attend the pre-event briefing and ensure all information is understood
- Do not leave the event venue after "signing - in" until stood down by your Supervisor
- Undertake pre-event and post-event safety checks as required
- Be responsible for the safety and comfort of spectators within a designated area at all timesSearch Spectators for any prohibited items
- Constantly monitor the spectators in your area of responsibility, checking for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action
in accordance with the Event Venue instructions
- you will provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages and report these immediately to your Supervisor or the Control Room.
- Promptly comply with any instruction given by a Supervisor, a member of the Event Management Team or a Police Officer
- To undertake specific duties in an emergency as directed by the Event Management Team or an appropriate emergency
- any other reasonable management requests.
What you will bring to be a Security Officer:
- Previous experience gained in an event Security environment would be desirable
- You will hold a current SIA Front Door License or be willing to complete the necessary training to acquire professional accreditation.
- All applicants must hold a clear 5-year checkable employment history
- Applicants will possess excellent customer service skills
- Applicants will have good communication skills, able to articulate with authority
- You must be able to remain calm and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- You will have a resilient approach to your guarding duties
- You will be vigilant and alert, able to use caution and apply an inquisitive mindset to your duties.
- Due to the nature of our client's industry sector applicants must meet strict UK right to work criteria.
- A basic level of PC literacy is required, able to use email and operate a two-way radio.
- You will be required to work alternating 12-hour shift patterns these will include both days, nights&weekends contracts.
- We will be providing Level 2 Crowd safety training.
- Paid holiday, company pension and life assurance scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Wellness advise and support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
- Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
- City&Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
- Support to gain your SIA license
Join the Securitas Team today!