What We Need:
Continued growth has created the need for a highly motivated and capable Senior Tax Associate. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for both the preparation and review of Federal and State tax return filings and associated accounting for Individuals, Partnerships, and Corporations. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a public accounting firm or at a company engaging multiple clients is a must. The ideal candidate will be analytical, result‐oriented, and a self‐starter. This candidate should also have the ability to manage multiple priorities and be able to solve problems using extensive tax knowledge and research skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Review annual corporate, partnership, individual, estate, gift, and trust tax returns (also help prepare complex returns on an as‐needed basis)
- Prepare and review bi‐annual tax projections
- Perform detailed General Ledger and Financial Statement review prepared by our Staff Accountants
- Calculate and/or review recommended paychecks for all clients, as needed
- Perform tax research and provide tax planning ideas, as needed
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting, and expertise on a variety of subjects
- Resolve Federal and State Department notices for clients, as needed
- Respond to and/or delegate all client emails and calls in a timely manner
What You’ll Need:
- Full‐time: 40 hours per week
- Tax season hours: estimated 45‐55 hours per week
- Billable hours: between 1500‐1800 hours per year
- Great at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Experience with high income taxpayers strongly preferred
- Experience with partnership accounting and taxation strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills with detail orientation
- Knowledge of Tax Software (Lacerte strongly preferred), QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CS Professional Suite preferred, not required
- BA in Accounting required, MA in Taxation preferred
- CPA or EA preferred, not required
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience) and Performance‐Based Bonuses
- 401k Plan: Eligible for an estimated 3% match contribution on the first entry date after 12 months of continuous service.
- Annual Training and Education: You will have access to unlimited Continuing Professional Education classes to satisfy your CPA license requirements through Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint Learning Center.
- Compensatory Time Off: You will be eligible to earn comp time for overtime hours worked during seasonal months.
- Paid Time Off:
o After 90 days of continuous employment: 18.5 PTO days credited per year
o After 2 full years of continuous service: Eligible for up to 23.5 PTO days credited per year
o After 5 full years of continuous service: Eligible for up to 28.5 PTO days credited per year
‐ Proactive ‐ Confident ‐ Factual ‐ Direct ‐ Reserved ‐ Sincere ‐ Driven ‐ Intense ‐ Detailed
‐ Precise ‐ Accurate ‐ Thorough
If so, the Willeford Group is an equal opportunity employer. We offer great pay and benefits along with a friendly, highly professional work environment.
The Willeford Group is a fast-growing, CPA firm that has become one of America’s leading practices serving the dental profession for over 40 years. Hundreds of clients rely on our competent, efficient, and forward-thinking personnel to provide a variety of accounting, tax, and advisory services. Our company seeks to foster a healthy work culture that is characterized by a laid-back, business casual environment with an emphasis on work/life balance. Moreover, our team is committed to providing our clients with a comprehensive approach to managing their financial health.
Role: Senior Tax Associate
Apply for this job now.