We have seen an increased need for 1:1 tuition for a number of pupils across Greater Manchester who are not currently in education. In particular, we need tutors who can get to areas in Central Manchester. There are a number of reasons as to why pupils would require home education including no suitable school placement, exclusion or non-attending. These placements can last as little as a few days up to an academic year. Each placement will typically be 10 hours per week and tutors have the option to take on as many or as little referrals as they would like.
Tutors need to be able to assess, plan and deliver sessions tailored to the individual pupils needs. Tutors will also need to be aware of social, emotional and mental health needs that pupils may have. These needs may sometimes result in challenging behaviours or un-interested behaviour. The tutor must have the ability to adapt lessons to pupils interests to ensure pupils are learning.
These specialist 1:1 sessions will usually take place as home education, however there are also times that the sessions will take place within a local school or library.
- Fully Qualified Teacher or extensive experience working as a tutor
- Flexibility of work times
- Able to complete tuition throughout the school day - as the pupils are not in education the sessions would need to take place throughout the school day (9am - 3pm)
Why Teaching Personnel?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working times
- Part time or full time work available
- Opportunity to work with a number of local authorities and schools across Greater Manchester
- CPD courses available to improve your knowledge of additional needs (SEMH/ ASC)
If you would be interested in 1:1 tuition work, please contact Georgia on #removed# or email your CV