Company: CLUB4 FITNESS - HERNANDO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Position Title: Assistant General Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Yes
(Childcare Associates & Managers, Lifeguards, Club Attendants, Front Desk Associates, MODs, AGMs, Tennis and Pro Shop Personnel)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
PTO Eligible: Yes
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Payment Type: Salaried, Semi-monthly
Pay Grade: n/a
The Assistant General Manager will support the General Manager to help lead and support a team dedicated to delivering an excellent experience and revenue growth simultaneously with an opportunity to contribute to every level of the gym's overall success. The Assistant General Manager is an extension of the General Manager and will oversee all operations when the General Manager is not in the facility. This involves assisting in the oversight of the entire operation of the club with the focus on providing a superior customer experience, establishing relationships within the community, developing a full staff all while staying within the operational budget set for the club. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for helping in achieving targeted results in the areas of financial sustainability, customer satisfaction, revenue/sales performance, and financial returns. They will be accountable for the successful management, administration, and daily operations of the gym. We are looking for a leader who is results-oriented and committed to quality service. The function of the Assistant General Manager (AGM) position is to assist the General Manager in managing and controlling the day to day operations of the club according to set policies and procedures and business practices. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required.
- Reliable service as scheduled; significant organizational skills; an ability to lead others in the absence of the General Manager
- Sales duties to include making phone calls to prospective members that have been to the club or have shown interest in joining via online communications. Strong sales background helpful. Responsible for the overall sales numbers at the location.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Provide support to the staff so they can achieve growth in while also providing them the opportunity to develop their skills.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Regional Manager to appropriately address all issues within the club and on-line, involving both employees and members, ensuring that all are addressed in an appropriate, respectful and timely manner.
- Promote a superior customer experience within the club
- Actively promote Club4Fitness within local communities.
- Performance Requirements of the GM include:
- Partner with General Manager to grow the Club business in regards to sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal.
- Ensure accurate and timely daily deposits.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with all policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitor inventory in the club, ensuring there are adequate supplies. Monitor and oversee employee payroll and scheduling ensuring the club is adequately staffed at all times.
- Responsible for keeping the facility clean and able to pass inspections.
- Schedule and reassign staff personnel in order to meet Club needs in the absence of the General Manager.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all information acquired at all times.
- Partner with GM and MOD to manage team members to ensure strong communication with the goal of developing effective working relationships and provide an inviting experience for members and prospective members.
- Responsible for being up to date with current company policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- To undertake any additionally duties or assignments within the overall scope of this position required to ensure that all aspects of the C4F Club are being met, or as assigned by the General or Regional Manager
The position reports directly to the Manager in charge of club operations (General Manager) under the direction of an assigned Regional Manager. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
2) Minimum certifications/education/experience level:
- Hard working, goal oriented, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Solid work ethic with strong decision-making skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision
- Basic computer, math, and communication skills required
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry
- Solid supervisory, diplomacy and listening skills
- Both detail and results-oriented with high degree of professionalism and organizational skills
- Strong communication, problem-solving, time management and analytical skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within teams
- Possess a working knowledge of all purchasing/sales web-based programming and fitness software utilized by C4F as it relates to sales of services to members
- Must be computer proficient and well versed in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong track record of successfully executing on tasks and duties assigned by General Manager
- Desire to learn to manage Club operations; Maintain responsibilities over Club operations personnel in the absence of the General Manager
- Ability to travel to other clubs as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some supervisory or leadership experience, a plus, in a high-level customer service industry, preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required; 2- or 4-yr degree or four years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Must be CPR/AED certified
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Mental Demands: Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control under pressure
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Work with frequent interruptions; climbing, stretching, frequent light lifting of books, boxes; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds; frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions
- Regulated air temperature and humidity in gym facilities and office environment, however, temperatures and humidity may be elevated while group and personal exercise activities are being performed
- Regular standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, stretching, lifting, and other physical activity are required while performing the duties of the role
- Sitting, close reading, and typing are required while performing the duties of the role
- Noise level is generally low but may be louder and more intense in gym facilities
- Travel will be required as described above
- Hours are generally traditional business hours but may, at times, extend to long or late hours to accommodate the different time zones of club facilities as well as to address projects and other matters involving social media.
Any work related experience or additional education/training resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements at the sole discretion of Club4Fitness Human Resources or the Managing Partner.