PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Sustainability Associate Director
Department: Sustainability, Advisory
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
Our growing Sustainability team supports clients in the development and delivery of Sustainability strategies.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Environmental Sustainability professional to fulfill the role of Associate Director to support the growth of our Sustainability team.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work with high-profile clients from various sectors, whilst developing and delivering a broad range of sustainability services.
• Work with clients to develop, deliver and assure Sustainability strategies across projects and programmes and throughout the asset lifecycle
• Developing and securing business opportunities with existing and new clients
• Develop internal stakeholder relationships with infrastructure, real estate and natural resources sectors, liaising with Key Account Managers and sector leads
• Embedding Sustainability into Turner & Townsend's processes and procedures for the delivery of projects and programmes
• To ensure that client requirements are identified, scoped effectively and delivered in line with agreed proposal deliverables
• Work with bid teams to write technical solutions to meet client requirements
• Ensure fee earning activities are optimised
• Network & coach/mentor as appropriate to develop Turner and Townsend's wider skillset
• Manage a small growing team to deliver services effectively, commercial achieving targets and develop technical capabilities
• Input to the strategic direction of allocated business units as required
• Targeting clients for engagement and developing bids for service provision in line with our Sustainability team requirements.
• Support Key Account Managers & sector leads to ensure that Sustainability is included in any business development opportunities
• Supporting Turner & Townsend's Corporate Responsibility strategy in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals as required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Professionally qualified member of a recognised institution, e.g. IEMA / Chartered Environmentalist
Knowledge / Experience
- Significant experience of delivering Sustainability consultancy support for clients is essential, including the areas of energy and carbon (Net Zero Emissions), water, waste, circular economy, and biodiversity
- Experience of working in Real Estate and Infrastructure sectors (e.g. transport, utilities, defence, energy, civils) is required, for both new build and retrofit
- Business development experience, in the context of identifying and winning opportunities with existing as well as new clients
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental legislation and sustainability issues
- Experience of developing and reviewing approaches to environmental management in line with ISO14001:2015
- Experience of providing environmental and sustainability assurance throughout the lifecycle of major projects and programmes
- A good understanding of environmental assessment methods such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL Building Standard, and CEEQUAL would be an advantage
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations on major projects and programmes
- Ability to communicate with clients and other key stakeholders on global, national and regional issues, including the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and Net Zero Emissions
- Able to build strong, professional client relationships and proactively identifies and resolves client's issues
- Confident leading and working alone or as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required
- Attention to detail in service delivery, communications and ways of working with others
- Excellent communication including writing and presentation skills
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Role: Sustainability Associate Director
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.