Description Job Description:
SAIC is building a team to support the National Institutes of Health's IT Development and their effort to implement a set of common functional Shared Services and is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join this team.
The Senior Software Developer will be lead software engineer in a highly qualified, motivated program team. They will perform architecture and design of software systems, write custom software, lead and perform implementation of unit tests, and lead the construction and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines in a DevOps, agile process environment.
They will provide technical leadership of mid and junior level developers. They will lead selection of reuse, COTS, or custom development in accord with customer enterprise goals and preferences to minimize customer's total cost of ownership. They will devise future solutions while making technology choices from the NHLBI's standard Bricks and Patterns, a customer-specified technology set.
Other responsibilities include:
• Establishing coding standards
• Lead and perform user interaction design, user interface requirements
• Supporting PM and TPM in making estimates of effort, code size, and compute resources
• Lead profiling, performance measurement, diagnosis of performance issues
• Lead efforts to locate, test, install, and use specialized software tools and frameworks
• Use static checking tools, security analysis tools, seek out and apply secure coding standards.
• Migration of legacy applications
• Oversight of migration of data from legacy storage
• Support definition of technical accomplishment metrics and report technical progress.
• Communicating regularly to the TPM and PM on task status and emerging risks.
• Coordinate with the TPM in maintaining technical practices, technical processes, tools, and templates. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
• BS degree in engineering, mathematics, or science field
• Development experience with systems using RDBMS, GUI, browser front ends, server side Java or node.js.
• 8+ years software development experience
• Knowledge of Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event Driven Architecture (EDA)
• Hands on experience with development of web applications or service based systems
• Knowledge of JIRA Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. and be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. - provided by Dice