Key Tasks of the Region Sales Manager position
- Set objectives & goals for the Sales Team appropriate to Company Budget.
· Meet/exceed sales Region revenue and profit goals (sum of Account Manager Team attainment)
1. Outbound prepaid & collect revenue, total territory including National Accounts & 3PLs.
2. Outbound prepaid & collect revenue, local territory excluding National Accounts & 3PLs.
3. Inbound collect revenue, total territory including National Accounts & 3PLs.
· Plan, organize, direct and control sales personnel to meet these objectives.
· Meet /exceed sales Region metrics expectations (sum of Account Manager Team attainment)
1. New business/additional business accounts secured (average per week)
2. PARs- Pricing Action Requests (average per week)
3. Sales Calls (average per day)
· Plan, organize, direct and control sales personnel to meet these expectations.
· Understanding detail of costing (TCG) application with customers, segments of business, lanes etc.
- Managing sales.
· Keep face-to-face contact with your sales group including joint sales calls
1. Minimum of twice per period per individual
· At the end of each quarter, counsel with each salesperson on job performance to goals and establish realistic sales objectives for the next quarter with an action plan. ‘Quarterly Performance Reviews’ face to face if possible.
· Monitor each salesperson's performance metrics, ongoing.
· Address poor performers, up to an including termination.
- Coaching sales.
· Salesperson “touches”- 3 per week (face, phone, email…)
· Offer them the coaching, counseling, advice, support, motivation or information they need in order to help them meet their sales objectives.
- Developing sales.
· Recruiting, hiring and training your people.
· Developing the most well trained, professional sales force possible.
· Constructively handle (or supervise the handling of) customer complaints related to your Team.
- Conduct sales meetings.
· Prepare in advance and conduct regular weekly sales meetings.
· Review the performance of your salespeople and to motivate and stimulate them to even greater achievements as a Team.
- Involvement with Region customers & sales team
· Assist in retaining, regaining and securing profitable revenue from customer base.
· Assist them in the selling process whenever needed. Again, joint sales calls.
- Maintain a self development program.
· Constantly strive toward continuing professional growth.
· Work to improve your sales skills, managerial skills, business skills and product knowledge.
- Maintain a Local sales territory
- Other duties as assigned
Job specifications of the Region Sales Manager job description
· 5-7 years of experience in sales (LTL/Transportation)
· Proven long-term consistency of exceeding performance goals in the Account Manager position. Excellent sales organization and planning.
· Strong leadership qualities with good communication, motivation and interpersonal skills
· Proficient negotiation skills while selling to customer needs
· Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
· Willingness to travel.
· Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
Central Freight Lines has a rich history of providing transportation to emerging businesses and Fortune 500 industry leaders since 1925. CFL has sustainability. financial strength and an infrastructure designed to intelligently support the logistical needs of North America's largest manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises.
Central Freight Lines was awarded the Natural Gas Vehicle Achievement Award. Central was recognized as a national innovator, early adapter and outstanding leader with vision to advance natural gas as a vehicular fuel. CFL was selected as on of the TOP 50 GREEN FLEETS IN AMERICA.
Our founder Mr. W. W. Callan was inducted into the Transportation Hall of Honor by the Texas Transportation Institute at Texas A&M University. His selection was based on his leadership contribution to the Texas Transportation System, which is recognized as one of the finest multimodal transportation systems in the world.
Today Central Freight operates 82 terminals located throughout the United States.
Role: Region Sales Manager ( LTL / Transportation experience )
Apply for this job now.