We are a busy cosmetic surgery practice and we are awesome! We are recruiting professional, self-motivated, and compassionate clinical staff members. Did I just describe you? Are you a Registered or Certificated Medical Assistant? Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)? If you enthusiastically answered, “Yes!” Then we’d like you to consider joining our team in our pursuit of continued awesomeness! Not only do we offer competitive salary and benefits but we’re a lot of fun and we are passionate about what we do! We look forward to hearing from you at Smith Facial Plastics where every day is a great day!
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant / LPN
Reports To: Physician / Office Manager
General Summary of Duties: Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
Supervision Exercised: None.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Required normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to body fluids.
Typical Working Conditions: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a medical office environment.
Examples of Duties:
1. Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, such as charting.
2. Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs, administers injections.
3. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
4. Applies splints and dressings.
5. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments.
6. Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals and treatments.
7. Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
8. Answers the telephone, takes messages, provides information in accordance with established procedures.
9. Assists with medical billing where needed.
10. Orders and maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
11. Maintains patient charts, records and other information.
12. Maintains patient confidentiality.
13. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations and requirements for certification or licensure.
14. Provides patient education.
15. Participates in quality assurance and utilization review activities associated with a medical practice.
16. Experience with office surgery assisting.
17. Fundamental understanding of laser technology and aesthetic services preferable.
16. Performs related work as required.
Qualifications: Knowledge of medical practice and desire to assist in giving patient care. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Skill in taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording test results. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to communicate clearly.
Education/Certification/Licensure: Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants / Licensed Practical Nursing Program. Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologists or LPN license active and in good standing with the state Medical Board.
Experience: At least three years of practical experience as a medical assistant or LPN in a physician's office. Previous experience working in plastic surgery and possessing cosmetic surgery knowledge is preferable.
Cosmetic Surgery Practice / Premier Plastic Surgery Office
Role: CMA / RMA / LPN
Apply for this job now.