- Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
- Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- Must have the ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production. Prepares outgoing mail and conducts first quality check on completed production run.
Organizes the mail flow on the production floor by assigning workers and assessing volumes and type of mail based on current staffing levels to meet postal deadlines.
Completes end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production, etc.).
Responsible for overseeing the Departmental Supervisors on designated shifts.
Operation Supervisor responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining, and addressing complaints/solving problems.
Oversees quality function throughout the Operations floor.
Assures quality processes and procedures are followed at all times.
Completes required USPS and internal reports, job costing reports and application of all USPS postal regulations. Assures clear and concise communication of pertinent information between shifts.
Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of equipment use, working conditions, and motivation of employees.
Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
100% On Time Arrival for each shift assigned
100% Attendance for each shift assigned
Adherence to polices including but not limited to cell phones, dress code, ear buds,
On-Demand Mail Services (ODMS) offers Domestic and International postal optimization solutions to our customers nationwide. We do this as part of the United States Postal Service’s Work Share Program, a program that provides mailers and presort bureaus with significant discounts for preparing mail according to strict USPS specifications.
Our Customers depend on us as their Mailing Experts. How you perform in the position will determine how successful we are. Our Mission is Customer Service and Quality, Quality, Quality!
Your journey as an ODMS Associate, will begin with on the job QUALITY training along with periodic observed and written qualification assessments. It is vital that you learn everything you are taught, show up for work on time each day and continue to perform your duties to the highest level possible.
Role: Operational Supervisor
Apply for this job now.