The post is based at Swindon, Wiltshire.
Working as part of a small team, your work will involve providing 3rd line support to clients who are mainly based along the M4 corridor and Dorset.
Mostly your work will be carried out from your desk at our office in Swindon, with occasional trips to client sites, when required.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
Point of technical escalation for the internal 1st/2nd line team for subjects such as:
- Set up new user accounts and profiles
- Application issues: Microsoft Server & Desktops
- Workstation operating systems: Microsoft Windows, 7,8,10
- Workstation hardware: Network issues; connectivity, Switches, Cabling, VoIP and diagnostics
- Internet issues: connectivity, Routers and Firewalls
- Server administration, DHCP, DNS, Group Policies and Office 365 integration Site Audits
- Project management
- Provide on-site and remote 3rd line support to IT Support365 Ltd customers as and when required
- To deliver projects including and not limited to hardware/software migrations as planned
- To configure & troubleshoot networking infrastructure issues
- Manage incidents on the Service Desk system including being proactive when dealing with issues, keeping clients updated and providing feedback on progress of logged incidents
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all company procedures/policies
- Interact with customers, staff and external third parties, quickly gaining the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels
- Teamwork with other personnel to develop and implement technical processes as required
- Find innovative ways of improving IT services and identify technical advances to support customer's benefits and opportunities for new business
- Keep up to date with changes in IT legislation relevant to role
- Manage situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Attend necessary training courses in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved
- Carry out any other duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
The successful candidate will have
Have a previous IT background, preferably providing 3rd line technical support
- Microsoft Certifications
- Comptia Certifications
- Knowledge & understanding of the ITIL framework
- Experience of identifying faults via root cause analysis and looking for trends
- Experience of working to SLA's
- Keeping up to date with existing and emerging technologies
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00/year
Role: 3rd Line Support Analyst - Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire,
Apply for this job now.