Sell sub-fractional horse power electric motors, drives, fans and associated motion control equipment.
- Responsible for sales volume, forecasting and sales growth, by maintaining existing customer base and increasing new customer base within designated sales territory;
- Call on current and potential customers such as engineers, designers, or other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial, and other establishments and attempts to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products or services offered;
- Support distributions sales growth via trainings, support, joint calls, joint marketing and goal setting;
- Manage and follow up on leads in local territory;
- Review customer drawings, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates and properly engineered products;
- Provide technical support to clients relating to operation of motors, drives and related products;
- Prepare and present customer quotations, trainings, seminars, call reports, and special reports as directed;
- Work with Accounts Receivables to collect delinquent payments;
- Prepare and submit sales reports;
- Share market information working with other departments throughout the organization;
- Participate in the Sales Engineer Certification Program as related to the Technical Knowledge of products.
- Use CRM as necessary to record customer information.
- May be required to participate in special marketing projects;
- May be required to participate in tradeshows and other corporate promotional events;
- May be responsible to train and work with sales representatives and other third party sales groups;
- Perform other tasks and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
- 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- BSEE in related field preferred;
- Must have a valid driver's license, automobile in good condition, automobile insurance and ability to drive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands-to-finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Role: Sales Engineer
Location: Ann Arbor,
Apply for this job now.