The Senior Project Manager provides contracting and construction services to public and private sector. Project Managers work closely with stakeholders to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule and completed per contract and reinforcing a world class safety culture.
1. Review proposal specifications, drawings, pre-bid meetings and visit project sites to
determine scope of work required in preparing bid/estimate proposal.
2. Determine labor, equipment and material requirements to complete project and use
information to prepare bid/estimate proposal.
3. Submit complete bid/estimate proposals to project owners, managers and/or
general contractors in a timely and professional manner, provide any clarification
on information submitted as needed.
4. Provide current and potential customers/clients prompt professional service
including design, planning and pricing assistance.
5. Provide project administrative management of awarded contracts.
6. Coordinate with Estimating Manager, Construction Manager and field leadership,
establishment of project objectives, procedures, schedules and performance
requirements. May provide indirect or direct supervision of field crew
members/foreman or superintendents.
7. Maintain documentation of quantities and value of work estimated/completed to
support forecasting for future project performance.
8. Provide ongoing support to Construction/Operations for efficient and profitable
execution of work including scheduling, procurement and change
order/supplemental work processes.
9. Monitor subcontractors work.
10. Partner with Contract Administrator to review and process financial aspects of
contracts (i.e.: billings, sub-contract payments, material payments, collections, etc.)
11. Manage project (responsible for all projects bid unless reassigned).
12. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment
operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers
13. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
14. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain
positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
15. Visit job-sites and pre-bid meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Management, Construction
Management or equivalent