Oakland County TIER One Supplier is seeking a Software Engineer for their growing team.
Software Engineer Main Job Purpose
To design and develop the embedded software of quality mechatronic products within agreed time-scales and budgets according to company procedures. He/She will work under the direction of the team leader and mentorship of Senior Project Engineer.
Software Engineer Primary Responsibilities - Includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Technical Responsibilities:
- Implement embedded standard C software.
- Perform requirements analysis and provide traceability through customer specifications, software units, and test cases.
- Debugs software with debuggers and emulators
- Problem solves and helps debug hardware issues during design phase
- Familiar with hardware component specifications and schematics
- Support manufacturing by creating documentation
- Uses version control software and familiar with releasing and variant control of software.
- Creates and runs unit tests for owned software modules.
- Participates in code reviews
- Carryout integration testing per a specification created by team
- Investigate and support customer questions and complaints
- Support creating or adapting product/system architectures
Software Engineer Process Responsibilities:
- Uses team lead master schedule to determine software activities
- Follows internal SPICE process and templates (code reviews, work products, specifications, etc.)
- Support Internal software audits
- Support team lead weekly meetings
- Support customer meetings when needed with team lead
Education, Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachler degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant automotive experience
- Involvement in the development process of embedded software and/or electromechanical products
- Experience in software programming applications either through coursework and/or work experience
- Involvement in team work internally and with the customer
Additional Experience in the following is strongly desired:
- Automotive CAN and LIN communication
- DOORS requirements management & traceability
- Model-based development, Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow preferred
- Embedded software in Standard C language only (MISRA-compliant C)
- Software drivers: SPI, I2C, UART, motors, EEPROM
- Vector CAN drivers - FNOS & FBL
- Vector tools CANoe (or CANalyzer), GENy, CANdela
- SPICE process experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Software Engineer opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Software Engineer
Apply for this job now.