JOB TITLE: Assistant Kitchen Manager
The Assistant Kitchen Manager is responsible for daily operations of their location and the primary person in charge when managing the location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to guest experience and satisfaction, employee management and development, food quality and store cleanliness. The AKM must comply with all company standards, policies and procedures. Must be committed to learning and improving all areas of restaurant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the day to day operations for the back of house;
- Understands and conforms to operational policies and procedures, standards and guidelines;
- Provides leadership and communication to location staff;
- Manage employees and conduct discipline action when necessary;
- Understands and complies with all state labor laws;
- Prepares Notes to File and Incident Reports for employee documentation in support of Human Resources including Terminations and Positive Performances;
- Adheres to procedures designed to maintain the consistency and high quality of food;
- Achieves company objectives in store cleanliness, sanitation, health department compliance in addition to proper and safe food handling and preparation;
- Understands and complies with all federal, state and county health, safety and EPA regulations;
- Helps to oversee job-related activities for loss prevention and security;
- Attends weekly corporate management meetings as well as monthly and quarterly safety and educational training seminars;
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards are met.
This job position has supervisory responsibilities for all non-exempt location staff. In addition each and every Bully’s employee has a personal responsibility to use good judgment and common sense regarding the performance of the job duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary and essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commitment to the vision and mission of Bully’s Sports Bar & Grill;
- Food handling safety certification;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Solid decision making abilities, ability to see different points of view;
- Knowledge of back of the house;
- Should expect to work up to and sometimes over 50 hours a week including late nights, weekends and holidays;
- Proactively handle all staff and management requests and concerns quickly with care and fairness;
- Be able to identify and develop existing staff members to Management positions and future promotion opportunities;
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment and remains calm during stressful and high pressure situations;
- Be able to take direction and complete work objectives and assigned duties; and,
- Needs to be organized in all areas.
Physical demands – While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; use hands to handle or feel as well as to reach and lift with both hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, hear, taste and smell. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
The best Family friendly sports bar in town!
Role: Assistant Kitchen Manager
Apply for this job now.