Structured Cabling Technician
About the Job
We are a growing technology company that installs a variety of cable involving copper, fiber and network equipment. Our services include installing new and existing voice and data infrastructure for companies across the United States. We are looking for field technicians who would be willing to be trained to our methods and practices.
- Label, pull and terminate cable
- Load and install workstations, laptops and peripherals
- Install data equipment including data racks, patch panels, cable trays, etc.
- Test all installed cable using appropriate testing equipment
- Document all information on all cable and equipment
- Installation of voice lines to various types of phone equipment
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent employer in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company for which he works.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with customers in person and over the phone.
- Able to read and follow instructions with little or no supervision
- Provide installation on customers IT hardware including but not limited to: PC, Printers, servers, network switches.
- Troubleshooting basic networking issues.
- Basic understanding of network cable installation a plus
- Basic understanding of voice and data architecture is a plus
- Ability to work different hours, may require working on weekends, overnight stays are required
- Ability to work in different environments including inside, outside, attic, crawlspaces, new construction, existing work environment, and on a ladder.
- Must be able to operate most electrical tools (drill, circular saws, reciprocating saw, etc)
- Ability to pass a drug screen, background check and reference check.
- Valid driver license. Some positions may require a clean DMV record.
- Traveling and overnight stays are required.
Heath insurance, company vehicle, paid time off, company attire
We are a growing technology company that installs a variety of cable involving copper, fiber and network equipment. Our services include installing new and existing voice and data infrastructure for companies across the United States. We are looking for technicians who would be willing to be trained to our methods and practices that are self motivated and require little or no supervision. This is NOT a sub contractor position or a temporary contract.
Role: Structured Cabling Technician
Apply for this job now.