Presented by: Suzanne Steele | Bryant Bureau | 586-772-6452 ext. 119 |
Title: Director of Engineering
Southern California (Greater Los Angeles area)
The Director of Engineering is a key member of the senior leadership team, responsible for Global Engineering. This spans the range of on/off vehicle, high power, industrial and laboratory. The role will collaborate with the global product team to identify advanced solutions for target geographies, and be responsible for the Engineering execution of projects to support the company's growth initiatives. A strong, direct mentor to Engineering colleagues, this individual will inspire and lead corporate product developments to maintain global market leadership, meet financial goals and drive organizational growth strategies.
Duties/Responsibilities: Provide hands-on technical and organizational leadership and mentoring to the cross-functional, engineering team.
- Lead multi-disciplinary R&D team of Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Systems development teams and Product Validation, Certification and Configuration Management functions
- Plan and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and estimates to complete programs by deadline
- Work closely with Product Management and Global Leadership to define product strategy and requirements
- Establish engineering department goals, objectives, performance metrics, and initiatives to support corporate objectives.
- Ensures an engaged, innovative, and inspiring working environment be maintained by motivating, challenging, and coaching for personal growth, entrepreneurship, and customer engagement.
- Identify and develop new and emerging technologies as well as internal/external competencies required to be best in class.
- Develop and support new product launch activities by following and continuously improving new product introduction process. Develop and maintain "should cost" metrics for new designs, and ensure market competitiveness by meeting or beating product cost goals.
- Defines and drives accountability, consistency, quality, standardization and compliance across product development to ensure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency.
- Establish and maintain internal design review and release processes, and guidelines for product development and engineering designs.
- Ownership of regulatory compliance, and compliance portfolio of charging products
- Responsible to introduce customer specific applications, new products and product changes according agreed timeline and company global guidelines.
- Lead, train and support the team, to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Perform regular reviews with team members according the companies guidelines.
- Review and improve standards, best practices and procedures on a regular basis.
- Ensure legal requirements for NA market are met for products and applications
Minimum Qualifications: 5+ year's track record of leading cross-functional Engineering organizations, developing leading products in competitive markets. Product development and launch experience for vehicle OEMs.
- Experience leading broad engineering teams, with highly varied responsibilities and priorities in evolving, highly competitive markets. Proven success hiring and developing effective engineering teams
- Track record of planning and structuring of distributed teams to support business objectives
- Demonstrated success leading new product introductions with products utilizing electronic products and custom mechanical components.
- Experience in development and integration of local and networked communication technologies (eg WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, cellular) and cloud services.
- Experience in working with outsourced manufacturers desired
- Experience leading new product developments through regulatory agency process (eg UL, VDE, CQC)
- Demonstrated record leading products through vehicle OEM product acceptance process
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Masters preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- 6-sigma tools and practices
- Project estimating and planning, bases of estimate
- Scrum and sprint techniques for development
- Design tools, eg SolidWorks, Altium, C++, LINUX
- Manpower planning and resourcing
- ISO14001/9001, IATF/TS16949 processes
Interested and qualified candidates for the Director of Engineering should submit their resume for immediate consideration Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Senior Technical Recruiter/Staffing Mentor
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Director of Engineer
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.