We are looking for someone who is looking for a challenge and wants to be on the cutting edge of technology. This position is highly visiblewithin the organization. This person we be working in a state of the art facility.
Looking for candidates :
-experience with chemical processes, high heat/high temp, heat transfer, or thermodynamics
-maybe someone out of glass or aluminum or the steel industry
-looking for someone to come up with new ideas and new research
-R&D experience and manufacturing experience
The Process Research Engineer will lead efforts in the development, scale-up, and industrialization of new processes and technologies related to high-temperature inorganic chemistry. This includes identifying and inventing new technology to support the long-term business objectives of the company.
The successful candidate is expected to take the leadership role in driving development work toward the final objectives. The position is required to apply fundamental theory and principles to create new concepts and conduct experiments to prove it.
- Critical strategic objectives are associated with breakthrough and/or disruptive market opportunities.
- A dedicated organization model, based on entrepreneurial spirit and approach.
- A strong sense of urgency; driven by the vital importance of "speed-to-market."
- Teams are empowered with a high level of autonomy within this framework.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum BS degree in Glass Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and other science and engineering fields preferable 7-10 years in both research and development experience. MS degree is preferred.
- Conduct hands-on research work in the lab and work with internal and external vendors to develop new process technologies to support one of the company’s key programs.
- Use knowledge of glass science and fluid/gas multi-phase interaction to develop novel concepts that support and improve the glass melting and fining processes.
- Provide leadership to the R&D researchers and engineers to execute tasks including concept development, task plans, conduct trials, and provide excellent documentation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing within the team and with R & D functional groups.
- Strong technical orientation and able to fit in the development and research environment. Highly creative in proposing new concepts and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to deliver results.
- Background in viscous fluid experience, fluid/gas multiphase research, and glass melting knowledge is a strong plus.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
Bottom of Form
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Role: Process Research Engineer
Apply for this job now.