The primary job function of this position is to answer support queue calls to provide basic level 1 technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step resolutions. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a friendly, professional manner. This role will escalate support calls after conducting a thorough set of pre-defined troubleshooting steps. In addition, this role will proactively monitor service boards and group support email inboxes to respond to customer problems within the pre-defined metrics.
This role may be required to deploy products and services to customer sites, under the supervision of senior members of the team, and or project managers.
- Support call queues management within service level agreements and company standards.
- Gather end-user’s information and determine the issue by using a pre-defined set of troubleshooting steps.
- Document all call support information according to standard operating procedures into the support service ticket system.
- Use good judgement to redirect problems to appropriate resources after performing a pre-defined set of troubleshooting steps.
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customer where necessary.
- Proactively monitor service boards and group email inboxes to respond to customer problems and queries.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Create work orders and schedule technicians to deploy company product to customer sites.
- Interact with technicians to successfully deploy company product to customer sites, according to customer-specific installation guides. Escalate installation issues to senior members of the team, or project managers, where appropriate.
- Update installation notes and documents in the required systems pre, during and post installations.
- Provide the necessary reports to senior members of the team, or project managers.
- Process invoices in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent phone skills with customer first mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-awareness.
- Professional and courteous demeanor and ability to collaborate with a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume and high-stress environment.
- Ability to learn, retain and apply large amounts of product, procedure, policy and system information.
- Ability to work in a highly structured environment (scheduled lunches, breaks and vacations).
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Flexibility in responding to change, business and team needs.
- Ability to independently learn on the fly.
- Proactive and excellent in following through on issues till completion.
- A college degree is preferred. Any formal education in customer service related fields will be considered.
- Mandatory company training sessions attendance.
Desired Technical Knowledge
- Experience and familiarity with the following: Microsoft Office Suites and Microsoft Window desktop
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting, etc.)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, terminal services, etc.)
Relocation is not offered. Only Chicagoland area candidates will be considered.
Mako Networks is a specialist network management company specializing in small site security, health record access and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance solutions. The company assists businesses around the world to secure their networks and provide the capabilities needed to better manage their network connections.
Mako provides its solutions using a unique cloud-based system consisting of two principal parts: a Central Management System accessed through a secure website, and network appliances installed at customer locations. Through this two-part system, Mako is able to deliver a range of services that provide Internet connections, protection, access control and detailed reporting.
Mako was first founded as YellowTuna Networks in 2000, built on a vision to provide enhanced security and network protection for small businesses that connected to the Internet by broadband. The company’s co-founders, Chris Massam and Simon Gamble, remain with the company to this day, serving in senior leadership roles for the company they created.
Thanks to an internationally patented proprietary communications protocol, Mako has gone on to become a leader in specialized cloud-based network management and security. The company’s reputation is further enhanced by the wide range of independent certifications it holds to conduct the services it provides.
In 2009, Mako Networks became the first network management company in the world to become a PCI DSS-certified Level 1 service provider. This followed an extensive re-alignment of the businesses and rigorous auditing process to ensure Mako meets the highest standards for credit card data security - a feat few companies can boast.
In addition to credit card security, the Mako System is capable of providing a host of other services that foster more collaboration and a better-connected business. The Mako System is an effective tool to help managers understand what’s going on within a business and across their network through tools like detailed use reporting, monitoring and proactive alerting.
Mako Networks currently operates from offices in San Francisco, London and Auckland, New Zealand, and through channel partners around the world.
Role: Tier 1 Technical Support Agent
Apply for this job now.