COMPANY: EJ LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
A global investments company is looking to appoint a Legal Counsel with a financial services and technology background to its in-house legal team in Manchester. Offered on a full-time, permanent basis, this is an exciting opportunity for an In-House Counsel to join a market leader in a niche and rapidly expanding department.
Your New Team
The Legal Counsel will join a small legal team responsible for advising on numerous enterprise regulatory and strategic change programs combining legal subject matter expertise and cutting-edge technology. The team is a dynamic group of Lawyers with a broad range of expertise in the financial services industry, regulatory matters and legal technology. They are adept at leveraging contract analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning technology to resolve complex matters.
Your New Role
The Legal Counsel will support the firm’s Legal Data Management & Advisory group in addition to leading bespoke projects within the Legal Department. The team, primarily based in the US, is looking to expand its global coverage by hiring a Lawyer with jurisdiction-specific legal expertise.
Duties of the In-House Counsel will include:
- Maintaining and enhancing the firm’s artificial intelligence legal agreement repository by advising on legal issues, building artificial intelligence/machine learning rules and providing guidance and quality checks to the firm’s on and offshore document review specialists.
- Coordinating various departments and stakeholders globally, including but not limited to legal, operations, compliance and lines of business to execute activities.
- Creating work product and provide advice related to the interpretation of a variety of agreement types, including but not limited to, custody agreements, corporate trust agreements, master netting agreements, loan and credit related documented and collateral agreements.
- Advising on enterprise regulatory and strategic change programs.
The business is looking to hire a Legal Counsel who demonstrates:
- Training and qualification at a top City law firm
- At least 4 years of PQE in the financial services industry
- Experience in the legal department of a large financial services organization
- Familiarity with various financial services contracts
- Experience working on large enterprise and/or regulatory change projects is also preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity to work across all vertices within the organisation on cutting edge technology projects.
If you are looking for a new Legal Counsel opportunity in Manchester, we would like to hear from you. Apply now for immediate consideration.