Founded in 1984, Fairway Construction Co., Inc. (FWC) offers design and build services to construct single, multi-family and senior housing, as well as renovate and rehabilitate historic buildings. FWC excels at supervising projects on-site, coordinating with subcontractors and tightly managing the construction schedule to ensure the project is accurately completed on time and on budget. Together with JES Dev Co, Inc., FWC has completed more than 150 projects over a seven-state area.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
Located in Georgia; however, must be willing to travel throughout Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach acceptable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all safety standards
- Proven experience as a construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- 4-year degree construction management, engineering, or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status.
This company is an at-will employer as allowed by applicable state law. If hired, I understand this means that either the company or I may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without notice or cause. Further, no employee or representative of the company is authorized to enter into an agreement, express or implied, with me or any other applicant for employment for a specified period of time unless such an agreement is in a written contract signed by the President of the company.
Please note, the company does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies without pre-approval. Pre-approval by Human Resources is required before any external candidate can be submitted for consideration. The company is not responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers, employees or company representatives.
Powered by JazzHR