WILLCO is seeking an experienced designer to provide architectural designs and sales of our design-build and remodel services to our clients.
We are an award-winning, progressive, quality driven, professional design-build company that performs all aspects of residential remodeling services. These services largely include additions, dormers, kitchens, bathrooms, basements, garages, ADU’s, whole home remodels, historical renovations and restorations.
We have an excellent staff and are looking for a personal match to help complete our team in this full-time, permanent position. The model candidate is a good person who owns their work and their teamwork, creates positive experiences, and is interested in sharing and improving to help our company grow profitably. We pay the highest wages in the industry and our great benefits package includes:
• Paid Time Off
• Profit Sharing
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance paid 100% by WILLCO
• Excellent opportunities for growth with our expanding company
• Other employee incentives
The designer is responsible for guiding the customer through the WILLCO design-build process. This would include consultations, budgeting, concepts, and construction drawings. Additionally, includes working with engineering and other associated trades, plus teaming with the estimating department for an effective handoff to operations.
Duties & Skills:
· Guide the customer through the WILLCO design-build process.
· Architectural design skills and experience.
· Ability to work with multiple clients and projects at one time.
· Project management.
· Ability to secure projects and ensure they are completed.
· Writing proposals.
· Sales experience and strong skills to negotiate client contracts.
· Working with estimator to plan projects to meet budget.
· Working with consultants: structural engineers, etc.
· Relationship skills: good with coworkers, clients, consultants, vendors, etc.
· Product knowledge and material specification
· Understanding and applying building codes
· Construction documents
· Construction administration
· Residential design and construction.
· Knowledge of building code.
· Permitting process.
· Degree in Design or Architecture
· High level computer skills, including CAD software and plotter, Adobe Suite, and MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
This is a career opportunity with growth potential.
All interviews are confidential.
Please respond with resume and salary requirements. No phone calls about this job, please.
Look at our website for more information and apply through our Jobs page: #
Quality work. Quality people. That's WILLCO.
WILLCO's professionals bring a deep sense of integrity and commitment into the work we perform for businesses and homeowners throughout Portland. Our team members see to it that projects move along smoothly and efficiently, and that clients get the most out of our services and skills.
We complete every project with knowledge, care, and great communication.
We understand and value the importance of consistent communication with our clients and between team members. We communicate with clients right from the start, providing them with insightful tips, options and possibilities even before a project begins. In so doing, we empower clients with ways they can stretch their budgets and maximize our time.
Role: Architectural Designer – Residential Design-Build
Apply for this job now.