The Solution Architect is responsible for developing frameworks, tools, methods and solutions to advance and support business practice area growth within our client. This individual is recognized as the subject matter expert both internally and with customers developing complex technical solutions as part of an overall solution framework and engagement team. This role will translate client needs into specific technical requirements that are agreed upon contractually and with the line of business members ultimately responsible for operating them.
Our Client is recognized for their excellence in doing network installs at large retailers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Pre-Sales and Customer Relationship Development including assisting account executives in the solution development and opportunity discovery process with customers & prospects; providing "translation of customer insights, needs and strategies to the internal team; developing tools, methods and requirements to accurately assess risk, value and architectural direction of opportunities and engagements; developing blueprint technical solutions in both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives; assembling costing information and quotes for technical solutions designed from internal business unit managers and/or external parties; assisting sales account executives with new customer acquisition, retention & growth, presentations & negotiations; and participating in customer discovery meetings as needed.
- Financial Management including creating technical and services solutions that are market competitive and targeting specific client needs; soliciting cost estimates from internal business units and/or external parties and validating estimates to ensure market acceptable pricing for services; achieving acceptable net margins on total book of business; developing financial models with focus on the customer's requirements and how our client will execute and operationalize it; creating/maintaining vendor relationships to stay abreast of technology and create a competitive advantage; and working to meet departmental budget and margin goals.
- Proposal Generation including timely completion of all assigned proposals according to the defined RFP/solution due date; assembling proposal and financial model cost input information from internal business units; and documenting financial and scope assumptions, deliverables and customer responsibilities associated with the cohesive solution for the customer.
- Project Engineering including communicating complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner, providing customer insights around technical solutions to our client Engineering and Sales leadership and displaying extensive knowledge of the service suite capabilities our client offers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience within a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years successful IT Services-related experience, emphasizing LAN / WAN type of environments
- Familiarity with / broad understanding of communication cabling, LAN and WAN environments and wireless applications
- Broad industry experience which enables ability to demonstrate our client's fit in serving customers across financial, retail, logistics and restaurant industries
- Experience working with manufacturers/suppliers of the hardware solutions we deploy/sell
- Proven track record of closing new business and maintaining current accounts
- Previous experience in, success at and proven ability presenting to a variety of audiences including executives and technical resources
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite tools
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel (including advanced formula creation, pivot tables, ability to create and modify macros)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Superior ethics and integrity in all business dealings
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to accurately track, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Urgency to meet aggressive and changing deadlines, both internally and externally
- Comfortable with unpredictable workloads and travel
- Ability to manage one's own time effectively
- Previous experience related to IT deployment initiatives, remodel/construction, physical layer or other related field is a plus
- Project Management related certification is a plus
- Any relevant certifications are a plus
There may be travel involved to perspective client sites.
For more information please contact Tom Mazzulla at 952.373.4785 or #removed#
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.
- provided by Dice