Are you our next Sales Rock Star?
The Wine Trust is a rapidly growing fine wine importer and wholesaler established in multiple states in the Northeast and Northwest and focused on quality-driven producers across the entire price spectrum. Our curated portfolio includes artisan family producers offering exceptional quality-for-the-price wine as well as a library of iconic, name-brand producers from the greatest old-world regions – including many with bottle age.
We are seeking Sales Consultants to join our growing team in various markets. This full time sales position has unlimited / uncapped commission-based earning potential for a candidate who has proven success growing sales and market share. This role is best suited for candidates who are confident and effective in their sales abilities and excel in a more entrepreneurial, less bureaucratic environment. While new Sales Consultants will be given active accounts and existing customer relationships to maintain and grow, Sales Consultants will also be expected to solicit and open new accounts and must be confident in their ability to do so proactively and effectively.
The ideal candidate is highly competitive and outgoing, with the ambition and work ethic to build their business and continually improve their performance. The single-most common trait of our most successful sales professionals and managers is a self-motivated drive to succeed. Knowledge of fine wine and prior wholesale wine distribution experience may be a plus, but it is not required.
• Building new brands and expanding distribution across our growing portfolio
• Working with suppliers in the field to build relationships and grow market share
• Analyzing current and prospective clients’ individual needs, creating effective solutions, and being diligent about seeing solutions and business through
• Participating in weekly general sales meetings and teleconferences
• Reaching sales and placement goals
• Providing ongoing weekly submission of CRM reports
• Working with headquarters-based managers and marketing personnel to effectively leverage marketing and point-of-sale material to increase sales
• Highly motivated, results-driven individual with a strong passion for sales
• Energetic relationship-builder with innate desire to work hard and assess revenue opportunities
• Excellent time-management and communication skills; ability to organize time effectively, and work independently
• Must have a valid driver’s license, own and/or lease a reliable automobile, and have a clean driving record
• Previous sales experience preferred
• BA or BS from an accredited college
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage plans
• Competitive monthly gas, travel and expense reimbursements
• Unlimited success-based earning potential and internal growth opportunities
The Wine Trust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.
Our company began in the mid-1970s with a simple mission. We purchased the world’s greatest wines upon release and stored them under optimal conditions to allow them to mature gradually. When these wines had reached their drinking peak, they were sold to merchants and restaurants who shared our pursuit of vinous perfection. In those years, the world’s greatest wines were largely produced by a small group of estates in Bordeaux, yet even those wines were often sold far too young and in poor condition.
Over the intervening decades, much has changed. No longer is Bordeaux the primary region producing great wines and no longer are great wines available only to the fortunate few. Great wines are now produced the world over and can be found at virtually every price point, from the prosaic to the princely. And so, The Wine Trust has changed. While Bordeaux remains at the core of our business, we now boast an extensive and constantly updated portfolio of superb wines from most of the world’s great wine regions. And, while we still carry an unrivaled selection of wines from the most exalted and legendary producers, our portfolio now includes numerous wines from the most exciting legends-in-the-making, as well as passionate but under-the-radar producers. Indeed, we sell great wine for every budget and circumstance.
However, some elements of our business have not changed. We still focus on sourcing, aging and selling wines of distinction to discriminating restaurants, retailers and hospitality groups. Regardless of price or region, we still provide mature wines of impeccable provenance which convey the unique circumstances of their creation – the combination of weather, soil and human intervention called terroir. These great wines are the product of passionate producers – artists who view the wine they make as their canvas. We are proud to carry these wines and are proud to offer them to you, ready to be consumed.
Role: Portfolio Sales Consultant
Apply for this job now.