- Reports To: Director, Quality Assurance
- Department: Information Technology
- Location: Charles Town, WV
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Lead maximizes the value of automated testing activities within the quality assurance organization. Responsibilities include architectural definition of the automated test infrastructure, developing strategy for functionality to be covered with automated testing, hands on test and tools development, and execution of automation suite. The incumbent will be responsible for applying automated techniques to all areas of the system that would benefit from it, including GUI, Web Services, and other applicable architectural areas. The role will also lead and mentor other testers in the area of test automation.
- Develops and executes a plan that maximizes value of automated testing.
- Works with subject matter experts to determine appropriate test cases to implement with automated testing, taking into account testing value of having automated tests versus cost of building and maintaining them.
- Works with technical team to determine optimal technical approach to automating components of the system.
- Leads application of appropriate design patterns to automated testing architecture to minimize cost of new development and maintenance.
- Mentors members of the QA team, as well as other team members, in the design and execution of automated test cases.
- Participates in planning of releases to determine appropriate automated test involvement.
- Maintains and builds out automated test suites.
- Keeps team up to date on the test automation industry and assess how advances can be leveraged internally.
- Collaborates well with other team members in a dynamic work environment.
- Contributes towards initiatives that improve the consistency and quality of our products.
- Communicates test progress and results to project stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Understanding of the role of automated testing framework within a software development organization.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills that enable the individual to work in a team with diverse skills and experience in order to respond to business needs.
- Adaptable person who can deal with rapidly changing requirements of a dynamic organization.
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required.
- Minimum of five years experience in software quality assurance testing required.
- Minimum of two years experience leading automated testing efforts required.
- Experience testing web services with tools like QTP Web Service plugin, TFS Unit Test, SmartBear SOAP UI preferred.
- Experience with automated testing tools like TFS Coded UI Tests preferred.
- Experience with ALM tools like Microsoft TFS and HP Quality Center preferred.
- Experience with SQL preferred.
- Experience with tools like Perl, Python, Selenium, and various open source tools to enable automated testing.
- Experience developing in C#, Java, or C++ preferred.
Role: Quality Assurance, Automation Lead
Location: Charles Town,
Apply for this job now.