Senior Associates External Audit Bristol- FS
A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Our team helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven't. You'll work alongside senior members of the client's management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
About the team
Our team in West and Wales have over 1000 employees working in Bristol and Cardiff. You'll work with a diverse range of clients at local, national and global level which is great way to develop your career. Our region is an important part of the UK economy, with some of the UK's most successful companies being represented here - we also have an active base of smaller businesses who thrive under an entrepreneurial spirit. We have a great team spirit and you'll be invited to take part in many social activities as work in the local community too. You'll feel right at home.
In this position you will have a role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain the opportunity to work on a wide variety of Financial Services (FS) clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off-shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
About the role
As a senior associate within the West & Wales practice you will:
- Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service
- Report directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
- Have supervisory responsibility for teams of up to 10 people
- Coach and train other staff
- Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home.
You will have strong technical knowledge, be an effective team player and have a track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You will be ACA qualified (or equivalent), have experience of executing assurance engagements from start to finish, and be used to working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- ACA qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience in working as part of a large audit team, delivering work to large companies and/or FS institutions
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Demonstrated team player
- Desire for continuous self-improvement
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Auditing of Financial Services clients
- IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley experience
Ref no: 33384BR
Closing date: 20th December 2018
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Role: Senior Associates External Audit Bristol- FS
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City, Bristol,
Apply for this job now.